Thursday, February 1, 2007

Charlotte - we have snow.........

My son has been hard at it since 6:15 - sledding in the dark - building a snowman and a snow dog. Our 2 huskies are inside dogs but they have spent some quality time outside today. Adger went out on the deck this morning and froze - not knowing what in the world was on his feet. He finally moved after knowing that it would hurt him. Then lap after lap around the yard at full speed, fully enjoying the winter wonderland. 2 years since it has snowed here in Charlotte area - wont be building an igloo but its still pretty awesome. I miss my Princeton days when I had to go in early and it was snowing. So quiet and peaceful - awesome memories.
Today the University is closed half day - many are staying home and not venturing out. I pray everyone is warm and safe today. Take the time to check on each other and make sure everyone in our extended friends/family are ok. - This brings me to my message today - WORRY. Are you a worry warrior? I know many in my family are worry animals. I do believe I am the first oldest sibling that does not have an ulcer! Ulcers run in my family rampant - because of the worry. I could never understand why my mom worried so much about everything. I think she just needed something to worry about. Worry does not change anything and has usually no affect on the outcome of anything we are dealing with.

Anxiety/worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.

How true is this statement?? Profound isn't it? God gives us many answers to worry and why we should trust in Him for the things we have no control over.
Psalm 55:
1-3 Open your ears, God, to my prayer; don't pretend you don't hear me knocking. Come close and whisper your answer. I really need you. I shudder at the mean voice, quail before the evil eye, As they pile on the guilt, stockpile angry slander. 4-8 My insides are turned inside out; specters of death have me down. I shake with fear, I shudder from head to foot. "Who will give me wings," I ask— "wings like a dove?" Get me out of here on dove wings; I want some peace and quiet. I want a walk in the country, I want a cabin in the woods. I'm desperate for a change from rage and stormy weather.
22-23 Pile your troubles on God's shoulders— he'll carry your load, he'll help you out. He'll never let good people topple into ruin. But you, God, will throw the others into a muddy bog, Cut the lifespan of assassins and traitors in half.
And I trust in you.
Put your fears - worry and anxiety in Gods hands - let Him work out those struggles and details. When you find yourself eaten up with worry - be reminded that God is bigger than any of our problems - and He will deliver you from what your're troubled with. I also need this reminder from time to time - I have the worry gene but I am trying hard to let God work out my worries. Sticking to His plan usually takes care of my plan - my worry - my anxiety- and I lift those troubled things to Him in prayer. He will carry my load ...
Enjoy the snow my friends - Jesus was as white as snow - just the way you will be once you lift your problems to Him and He washes you clean. - Like snow.......
Randy~

No comments: