Friday, February 23, 2007

Forever your son......

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Even today friends and loved ones, Be GLAD and rejoice for on this day - 1 year ago - Mom claimed victory over this life and is home in heaven. AMEN!

Psalm 100 will always be dear to my heart. I remember back when we first learned about moms cancer, our Pastor Jimmy gave me a few comforting pieces of scripture to read and share with mom. Psalm 100 was one of them. Visiting mom in the hospital - I would stop everday before seeing her in the hospital chapel and sit and pray - read Psalm 100 - write a prayer in the journal that was there. I often wondered who read the pages in that book from so many who stopped there and took the time to write and leave a part of their heart written on those pages.

Psalm 100
A psalm of thanksgiving. 1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! 2 Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. 3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Thank you Dolly Pardon and Brad Paisley for this awesome song. Seemed it was made just for mom - it will forever be a song that take us back in time - to a place - with mom.


When I get where I'm going On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do Is spread my wings and fly
I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like To ride a drop of rain
Chorus:
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here
I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him Every minute since he left Then I'll hug his neck
Repeat chorus
So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer So much work to do
But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face I'll stand forever in the light Of his amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going Yeah when I get where I'm going

Only happy tears down here mom. See you when I get there.
Forever yours - your son. Love and miss you...
Randy~

No comments: