Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Endure and pressing onward........

I come to you this morning asking WHY - why am I doing this? Why do I care so much about spending my time writing on here blogging with these topics everyday? Why is my heart heavy for those around me and why do I feel an urgency about me? All I can say at this point friends, is that Jesus has put things together as they are right now for a reason. I don't know who is reading this, if anyone is getting anything out of this or even if in the future that will ever change. I do know that I will continue to do Gods will for my life until He changes my priorities or moves me in a new direction. I often question my Jabez prayers, this blog, updates in the forms of letters I write to people and the the ministry I have right here in this office. Sometimes I do feel like Dr. Phil - but a Dr. Phil with no training, never having read the entire bible, being a new Christian and limited knowledge of Jesus and His ways, have never been a leader, sometimes just not knowing what to say and sometimes feeling like I don't know anything! - I don't feel sometimes confident in leading 4 families in a small group setting - setting an example in church by serving but you know what? I am, I know God did not place these things into my life for no reason. I am where I am for a reason and a purpose and God is blessing me while I lean on Him and trust Him to show me the way. I have a heart that is burning for Jesus - I know mom is with Him as well as many others I have known over the years. I know that we have much work to do loved ones, and it's personal to me that you know where I am coming from. I would be doing you no good if I did not want to share the Gospel with you and show you that God loves you. It has nothing to do with me and what I have to say - I would rather us not be family or a friend if I had to leave you in order for you to understand the importance and the magnitude that Jesus has on your future and your life.
So when the times come when I feel like I am getting no place, getting no head of steam up or feel I am not explaining things right or in proper details or even correctly - I know I am doing my best and that is important to God. He will open the doors for me when I need them and I will continue to pray for those around me and for those who need Jesus - Its not about me - I have taken an oath to serve you in anyway I can. I love you - I will not give up - Ignore me if you wish - hold your ears tight- keep your eyes closed - keep a safe distance. I will love you the same. God has given us the ability to love each other.

2 Peter 1:
1Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
Making One's Calling and Election Sure 3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
10Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am not afraid of failure in Christ - there is no failure when He is with you. Ordinary people doing extra ordinary things for God. Does this sound like you? If not, rekindle that fire, fan the flames loved ones - there is much work to do around us and in making a difference. I pray this blog is an encouragement to others as Gods words work through this - I pray God is tapping your shoulder right now- bringing you spiritual discomfort so that you may one day get the Good News and the treasure of the Gospel. I don't understand it all either friends, but together we do so much more and learn so much more and make a bigger difference in the world around us. Think about a team with God on your side and what you could do then - for the kingdom that hopefully one day - you can finally say - "I believe" - " I know I will be going to heaven" - "see you when I get there mom". Nothing in this life is more important than how you finish. I will not back down and I will not be ashamed of the Gospel. Many of my family and friends don't know Jesus - but that wont stop me from sharing His news. If we are ashamed now and when our time comes - God will be ashamed of us then. But if we are not ashamed now - GOd wont be ashamed of us then then. How do you plan on finishing? I plan on finishing for Jesus.....

Randy~

No comments: