Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday ,....

Man am I wore out. I am tired tonight and that is not a good thing with classes starting tomorrow, school starting for Kyle and all "MyKids" and new routines taking shape.
BUT - let me tell you it has been a great day and worth me being tired. We had a great church day today... a new worship leader leading worship today - Pastor Jimmy giving me 2 pages of notes to shape me and challenge me with.... Sunday school was crazy and awesome all at the same time. It is always fun serving with Carol, Mike and Lori. We had a good turn out at the 11:00 service and the kids decorated bags and filled them with school supplies to give to Sherry who leads our Ladies Bible Study and is taking these school supplies into the schools. AWESOME!

Tonight we kicked off our official Rock Group with style - back to school style - folks came and ate... swam in the pool and just enjoyed hanging out tonight. We have some new families that have got connected and this was their first time plugging in and we are just so excited to doing life with everyone. I got to show the last 2 years in a video slide show on the TV and asked everyone to think ahead 6 months and put themselves into those slides pictures. I have been up since 5 this morning but there is nothing like spending some time with the folks we love. Pastor Jimmy spoke about friendships today in one of his bullets - we become those we hang out with - Man I am liking that because our Rock Group families- we have some awesome folks....and that just raised me up a few notches :)

Going to hit it early tonight. Have to call my grandma tomorrow - touch base with "MyKids" on their first day of school and check on one of "MyKids" who is at the beach and missed her and her mom today @church.
I am done serving for today but praying for tomorrow - someone needs to hear about Jesus tomorrow. I am in..... are you?
Share Jesus with someone tomorrow and get out of that comfort zone - you will be amazed at what God wants to teach you.
Have a great day back to school tomorrow ......praying for all.......
Lonnie~

No comments: