Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday in the Carolina's

I just can't remember a more pretty day here in the Carolina's than today. Low humidity, temps in the 80's and blue sky that is just incredible......

Looking forward to getting out of here in a bit..... makes me wish I was at the cabin or fishing on a pond with my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Buster on their farm ... hanging with Carol and fishing man Kyle, my cousin Patty, my brothers, my dad and his lady, my cousin Scott and his wife Shannon, maybe even with Taylor and Morgan, so they can experience life on "The Farm" - with cows in the background - where cell phones don't work, email and blackberries go to the black holes of electronics and nothing but quiet still peace in Gods country. I hear nothing but the whip of Uncle Busters fly pole line hitting the water and he and Kyle in stiff competition over the most fish......

Have some thoughts for tomorrow - will try and get them worked out and will try to share then. Praying for some sleep tonight but I am good if God wants to me stay up with Him... I am sure He is not afraid of the dark. :) - especially since He is the light!

Later...
Lon

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

The fish are biting, you let us know when you are ready.

I was awake today since 3:00 last night. Just lying there looking at the darkness.....Maybe your lack of sleep bore witness with mine....... your momma used to call and say "is anything wrong Sis, I have a feeling" and I'd say "not sure what it is but I have it too". Most of the time we didn't know for sure what it was, but we knew our feelings were in "sinc" with each other.

A beautiful day today, no doubt, this has been a day the Lord has made.

Uncle Buster will have the fly rod ready when you get here!

Love you
Aunt Sharon