Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A new day ....

WOW - the sun is out now. Its been 3 days since seeing the sun. According to my weather station here at work on the roof - we got 10 inches of rain in 48 hours. We might have got most of that last night. As many of you know, many creeks and rivers were out of their banks, roads closed and homes flooded. Did take me 45 minutes to get to work this morning and once again - came into work wet and my shoes soaked. But, hey - I am not complaining - we needed the rain. I can do without the stack of firewood, 2 tarps, 2 potted plants, landscape timbers and a pile of mulch that is somewhere downstream now in another county or stuck up in the top of a tree somewhere! We did not get flooded and I can live with those answered prayers.
Work has been busy the last few days and have not had much time to post much but that doesn't mean I am not thinking about some things :) I am glad school is back in session here at the university... It feels like a college campus again and I am enjoying getting to know my 3 new students we hired. Should be a good semester ahead.
I am out of here...everyone be safe and enjoy the sun when it comes out. It's a new day...
Lonnie~

No comments: