Friday, April 18, 2008

Settling for a "B"~

With our semester here fast coming to a close - my Aunt Sharon shared this with me this morning. It came at just the right time. I have been talking "this" for some time now. God so much wants to do more through each of us but so many times we just ignore His signals and brush Him off or we are so unaware of the things that God is showing us because we are too busy to even notice. I even told our friend Terry at Mexicasa last night after she told us she was close to burn out and just couldn't keep 2 jobs and there is no time for everything to be fit in.... I said Terry dear - slow down, take some time off, get some rest and really shift the things in life in line that are most important. Take care of yourself because if you don't, you wont be good to anyone.
So many of us are running and running - we think things are important and our meters are on empty. God wants to give you a good grade but He is hoping that your faith and trust in Him will give you a perfect mark.
Look up loved ones and take notice in life....love YOUR God and serve someone today in His name.
Love you - Thanks for sharing Aunt Sharon ... it speaks volumes this morning.
Lonnie~

‘I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.’ Philippians 4:13 NIV
Harvey MacKay tells the story of a professor who stood before his class of 30 senior molecular biology students. Before passing out the final exam, he said, ‘I have been privileged to be your instructor this semester, and I know how hard you have worked to prepare for this test. I also know most of you are off to medical school or graduate school next autumn. I am well aware of how much pressure you are under to keep your grade point averages up. Because I am confident that you know this material, I am prepared to offer an automatic “B” to anyone who opts to skip taking the final exam.’ The relief was audible. A number of students jumped up from their desks, thanking the professor for the lifeline he had thrown them. ‘Any other takers?’ he asked. ‘This is your last opportunity.’ One more student decided to go. The instructor then handed out the final exam, which consisted of two sentences. It read: ‘Congratulations, you have just received an A in this class. Keep believing in yourself.’ It was a just reward for the students who had worked hard and believed in themselves.
The apostle Paul experienced more headaches and heartaches in a month than most of us will see in a lifetime. Yet he wrote, ‘I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.’ Come on; start believing God’s Word to be true, that Christ who lives in you can strengthen you in order to fulfil the calling He has for you.
Refuse to settle for a ‘B’ when God has promised and called you to an ‘A’.

No comments: