Thursday, April 17, 2008

Amazing.......

I want to share a small story this afternoon. It may not be of high value or really anything that special but it does speak loud and clear.
Last week Madison B was over at the house spending some time with Kyle, Carol and I. We got to take her to Kyles guitar practice and she sat in with him and Brandon or Worship Pastor and she was SO excited. Brandon taught her some simple things and on her Hannah Montana guitar she was missing a string. So I told her I would take her guitar and get it fixed for her this week. Not a big deal, a couple bucks for a string and some time invested going there and all. I saw her yesterday at school and she asked me about it and I told her I was taking care of it today for her. So off at lunch I went to the guitar shop. Not a normal day for me since I am usually in a school somewhere having lunch with "MyKids". I walk in and ask the fella if he can help me out. Now do know I have my cowboy hat on which is a part of me - just ask any of "MyKids" and they would tell ya. The man does a double take and said - "Dang, I thought Kenny Chesney just walked in" - I said sorry to disappoint ya but I do have a Hannah Montana guitar I need help with. He laughed and headed into the back. I was greeted by a nice lady in the office and then 2 office dogs that hang out. I got some good pets in and made friends. The man came back out and said - Have a great day Kenny and since you look like Kenny, have this guitar with Hannah Montana and you love the Lord - its on the house and I just stood there .... like wow.
Here I am doing something for someone - taking care of a need and God makes a way to take care of my need. So I got a free guitar string and a tuning - but its more than that.
Over the last few years I have put more and more trust into the Lord as he shows me and teaches me. I do my best to bless someone each and every day. To make a commitment to taking care of a good friends lawn for the grass cutting season and I do feel those blessings!! I do know that God is blessing me as I march down this road in life. If you are not experiencing fruitfulness in your life - give yourself away, give your time, your money and passion into something dear to the Lord. It may be a nursing home, church volunteering, mission work, a debt that someone owes you, it can be paying for someones lunch you don't even know or the person behind you in the drive through at McDonald's .... I am telling you - it does make a difference and God does take notice.

I opened the book of Proverbs the other morning in my quiet time. There is SO much in those chapters and it is a slow hard read but a very pin - pointed read and really focused.
This is what I read this morning and this is what this post is all about.

Proverbs 11:
24 One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
25 A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.


Where is your heart today? Are you a giving person looking to bless someone?
Giving is one of the blessings God wants to do for us.... so many times our actions and our hoarding of things blocks the flow of those blessings. The more my family and I give the more it is apparent that God is multiplying those blessings. Amazing....... I will drop off that guitar tonight or tomorrow and that alone will be a blessing for everyone!

With love,
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...every word you wrote is absolutely true. Brian and I are examples of how God blesses those who put others first and show the practical love of Jesus. So often it is done for a pat on the back, but it has to be in your HEART to serve others. Love your blog-enjoying every day! Smiles, Shannon