Tuesday, April 15, 2008

19 years?

Already? Has it been that long?....... wow. I have been married longer than some of the kids here on this campus have been alive!!!! But I dont feel that old which is a good thing.

1989 Tax day - funny how it worked out for that day. I remember our parents being there as the excitement built up to this day from all the planning and more planning. I remember many of our relatives coming long distance to attend our wedding and man did it rain this day 19 years ago. They say that rain on your wedding day is good luck - I don't believe that at all because luck has nothing to do with anything.

19 years of marriage is riding the bull some days for 8 full seconds, sticking it out when times are tough, enjoying the good times, standing together on plans and a vision for our future, its planning and staying within budget when it comes to money and personal items, its loving each other more every day, its accepting God into our marriage so that together we can serve Him together and honor Him through our marraige - setting an example for Kyle on what marriage means and should stand for. Yes 19 years have been pretty awesome Carol - I am proud to be your husband and best friend. I look to the future with hope and excitement knowing that God has saved you, Kyle and myself and spending eternity together is part of Gods plans for everyone.
Marriage is not a throw away item like a used car when it doesn't run well anymore or when times get tough. So many marriages fall apart when one becomes selfish and doesnt put the other in front of themselves. Its about serving your husband or wife before yourself. Communication is tops when it comes to a strong marriage. Your dad showed me that over and over again over the years. I am blessed to know that and make that a very important item .....

I have also learned something that many men need to listen up on and learn - the faster the better for them~

If Momma ain't happy, NOBODY is happy...... so honor your wife and make her happy! Lead her like a husband should and lead your family with Gods word and example. Your actions and love are louder than we realize!

I love you Carol and yes looking forward to Red Lobster tonight and many more years ahead. Love you more than I have words for and its awesome to be serving the Lord and the people in our lives together. God has sorrounded us with some awesome folks ... and for never stopping me when I am serving and loving "MyKids". Thanks for all your encouragement....... and being a God loving woman, wife, mom and friend to so many.

Forever yours,
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love your sweet words, Lonnie. You are a wonderful and amazing man, husband, father, son, brother and friend. And you are right: "If Momma Ain't Happy, Nobody's Happy..!". Boy, you and Kyle have fun with that one, don't ya...(thanks Dr. Phil)...!

I hope I say this often enough, but I will say it again - Thank You for being the Spiritual Leader in our family. Kyle and I could not ask for a better father and husband.

Love you~~ Me