Monday, April 28, 2008

Flying by the seat of my pants....

I have a lot going on today and this week ahead! ~ But I am loving being in the zone. Yesterday at church for some reason there was a little extra to everything. The band was on even with some of the issues of sound check and other small things but our volunteers got it done. Brandon led an awesome worship experience and Pastor Jimmy gave a great message! There was a group of folks who sat in the next section over from us and they just brought some energy yesterday and energy is SO contagious! I love it when we can worship in a church service where everyone is really into it and receiving something very special directly from the Lord. Pastor Jimmy preached on urgency and how we need to continue to invite folks around us to church, to serve with us, building communities while following Jesus. I have been feeling this for months now and last night at our Rock Group I announced some big decisions that I have been just burdened by for some time and has been keeping me up at night. I don't have all the details planned out just yet but God is giving me the plan and it is unfolding. There are many great folks I want to connect with and be a part of their lives ... Since our Rock Group families have come together - I can honestly say that I just don't see how we did life without them now. It is that important and sharing that is of urgency!
Yesterday Carol and I were leading the k-4-5 kids and after our main lesson we broke the groups into 2. Boys - Girls. What started out as a little experement really went over great. I heard kids talk who NEVER talk - they got to share some of what is going on in their lives and get to know each other. I had lunch with a few of "MyKids" today at a school where I have not spent a lot of time. Its a weird lunch time and far away from where I work so its hard for me to get out there and all. But today I went - I asked a few of them if yesterday was ok and if it was cool and they all answered it was awesome! They told me that they come in and go to church and Sunday school and then go home ... never really getting to know the other kids because they are in class. Unless they know someone there is no time to get to know someone else! SO many adults do the same thing - they come to church and then go home. The ones that never get connected seem to never stick around. We have to give folks responsibility and get them connected not only to church and serving but also to other people! Friendships need to blossom from what God is putting people together to do! That is to do life together and serve one another and have that support system that we all need. Being a Christain is not meant to spent alone but with others! Others who will hold us accountable and in tune with God. So I am really excited about this new adventure in our K-4-5 ministry and I am hoping everyone else who leads and teaches will share this excitement.
Tomorrow I am out of the office - going to Reed Gold Mine with Kyles class - so Carol and I will be in charge of a few kids each and lead them for the day through the mines and panning for gold. It will be a great day and honestly - ANY day spent investing in these kids is a GREAT DAY! I just can't believe that God has blessed me to be doing what I am doing.
Reed Gold mine Tuesday - helping lunch for my dear friend Donna Wed - Helping Kyle and his class at their first play on Thursday morning - have to get the grass cut :( - lunches this week with "MyKids" - especially those who did not come to church this past Sunday! Project 252 auction taking place on Saturday night so helping Carol with that. So its a busy week but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Prayers out to my buddy Warren -his dad is not doing well and is under Hospice care now. You know I am praying for you bud..... there is great peace knowing God is in control.
Love you all,
Lonnie~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are changing lives, Mr. B...! How funny when moms at school come up to me and ask "are your Mr. Bateman's Wife?"...! You are creating quite a legacy...one that people are noticing and one that people will remember.

I was helping 3rd grade this morning, and a Mom I don't even know came up to me and said that you were a GREAT role model for the kids. She knew "Mr. B" from you visiting "YourKids" at a basketball game and her daughter always talks about you visiting at lunch.

I support everything you do and vice versa. I pray that our ministry continues to touch lives and we can show the practical love of Jesus through our actions.

Love you ~~

Carol

Anonymous said...

Don't keep us in the dark...what is your big news? Don't tease us. You never told us what the news is in this blog.