Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Its a good day ....

Its a day to be thankful and rejoice in that is for sure. I actually got to see the sun for a few minutes this afternoon while out having lunch with a few of "MyKids". It was probably one of the best lunches I can remember. I had stopped at McDonald's on the way to school and got what she always asks me for each time I come and have lunch with her. Plain double cheeseburger and a small fry. I got an extra fry for my other kid and I did not make lunch this morning before leaving work so I got a chicken sandwich. Well it has been a long time since eating at McDonald's - I can't even remember when but it has been LONG time ago and I have to say - the chicken sandwich was pretty good. Not Chick-Fil-A quality ~but ok.
Anyways, I can almost always tell how things are at home by how "mykid" acts and her demeanor and all. Today was an exceptional day - very kind and soft spoken - we prayed before we ate and she said "Uncle Lonnie, this was no trouble at all right?" - I said "No dear, its my pleasure to come and have lunch with you and I promised I would bring McDonald's this week." - She almost always checks to make sure it was no trouble and it is something I want to do .... that for sure comes from a proud parent and good teaching. I am proud of her for that.... I told her that when I don't see her in church on Sundays I pray extra hard for her and her mom just to make sure everything is ok. I know sometimes things can be hard at home and God has placed this family and this child on my heart for a reason. I pray I can continue to be a role model in her life in some capacity - something positive and something uplifting.
It was such a peaceful lunch -not over fun, not crazy like at one of my other schools even though that is awesome too! - Maybe it has something to do with having one of my sleepless nights that I have from time to time. 2:11 does not give much time for sleep but I will probably be out like a bear in the winter come 9:00 this evening.
Prayers needed for my cousin Patty tomorrow. She is having outpatient surgery tomorrow in Winston Salem - please pray for a good outcome and better than expected results.

Love you all - going home now to cut the back lawn and then head over to the Heritage and visit with some of the older folks and shut ins. God has us reaching in far places I never would have thought we would be. Life is good .......... thanks Lord!!

Lonnie~

No comments: