Friday, April 4, 2008

Radar .....weather and Gods...

Who would have thought - I am sitting here watching the weather on a Friday night. We have storms in the area and we are under tornado watch - for some, folks just go ahead with their normal thing but for me and Kyle - (little Bob when it comes to weather) we are in the garage, out front, on the deck, checking radar - listening and watching and waiting. Not hoping for anything bad or power outage or down trees but just the excitement of weather is just awesome. Always has been! What did we do before RADAR???

Carol is out at a baby shower and hope she is enjoying herself. Kyle made his reading goal today on the last day with not a moment to spare - proud of him even with a quarter that had the passing of his grandpa and all that stuff - I am very proud of him for making his goals.

Today I had lunch with a few of "MyKids" - I snuck in bojangles and even got an extra meal for everyone. Yes nobody particular, it was just like community food and the kids loved it. I made a little necklace with a cross on it for one of my "FearFactor" girls and she was just all smiles. It later came undone and she didnt even care - I told her I would make her another one and she said "NO - I want this one because its so special!" - so I do pray her mom or dad can fix it for her - if not I will have to get her another ~ not a big deal. She told me she was working on her mom and dad to come to church this Sunday and she asked what time would be good so that I am there. I told her if she came @9:30 - she could sit with me if it was ok with her parents and if she came @11:00 - I would be in Sunday school with her. As I was leaving and the kids getting ready to go back to class - she gave me a big hug and said - "Uncle Lonnie - Pray that my mom and dad takes me to church on Sunday. I told her I would and that I IS a promise."

Maybe this Sunday will be that day ..... I am so looking forward to that because I know it will be life changing for 2 of us :) - I know this family is on Gods radar .... I can just feel it.

Ok got to go find Kyle - its starting to get interesting out now ..... got to run,
Lonnie~

No comments: