Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One prayer ....

If you had one prayer in your life above all else, what would it be?

Thats a great question and for the last few days I have been reading and watching as LifeChurch.tv unfolds the One Prayer concept to churches all over the world.
Look here for more information - http://www.lifechurch.tv/one-prayer

Imagine a 4 week message that your church can sign on with that would be all video based - Each week a different message from a different Pastor from a different part of the world. For a small church this is a way for them to bring in the "big guns" and feel like one of those big hitters. What a great idea - I have no idea if my church is looking at this but I am hoping so - our Pastor would get some much needed time off to rest and study. I think most Pastors when they are rested are ready for battle and bring in their A game on Sundays. Just like we do when we are doing life and we are rested and not run down and tired - just trying to get to Friday.

I often ask myself why don't churches team up more? We are all on the same team really and all serving the same Lord. The differences I guess is what keeps us apart....

Kyle and I will be getting dirty this evening as we finish up the raised beds in the back. I love doing projects with him when I have time as we work together and talk about things. He is eager to learn and when he is focused - man the little man can work!
I will post some pictures when they are done ... need to plan out my trip to my grandmothers to work at the greenhouse. I think I am going to take Kyle this year with me and expose him to a generational blessing that has been passed down to me for many many years - I always look forward to my visit to the greenhouse - get some work done - visit grandma and my aunts and uncles and just enjoy spending some time together. Life is slower there and for me~ thats a good thing.
If you are praying hard for someone today to come to church or to know Jesus - let me encourage you to not give up. You never know what God is doing behind the part we cannot see...... One prayer ..... for Jesus to touch the lives of those around us who are so important to each of us.

Love you all,
Randy

No comments: