Monday, March 3, 2008

Its been a few days~

It has been a few days since I posted anything. I have been taking some time away from things, getting some extra sleep and rest, taking care of some things that I have not been able to for the last month or so.... but I look forward to getting back in the game again. Carol, Kyle, Bob and I will be wrapping up somethings at the funeral home today and then getting to the funeral home early tonight for Walts service. We are all looking to get through this and to thank everyone for everything. Jimmy has a powerful message and I really look forward to getting some energy from that message.
Yesterday, church was a little crazy, it was good to get back serving and greeting everyone. There were no tears, unlike last week! - and Rock group last night was even a little weird. Weird in a way that, well, some folks were missing, and I guess I was out of routine - I let the kids show everyone the Build a Bears they made for Adam and his family, and eggs were being stuffed and Bob was in charge. His face was so red and has never been in a position to handle a house full of kids before. LOL - he did very good and Carol only told him he was too loud 2 times...... I can't imagine how out of control that would have been if he was not in there!
Anyways, since there is some good material in that DVD - I am thinking about combining the 3 and 4 week message together and then planning together our next series. I do know that I want to learn something from the message each week. I want to know how to apply what I am learning and what I am trying to teach to my life as well as the lives of those in my rock group. I get really excited and pumped knowing that there is some change in the lives of the folks in our rock group. It is changing me ... and that is something I would love to see happen with everyone.

I want my single folks in the group to be able to feel comfortable knowing that when they are tired, hurting or struggling with something - that they can call or email anyone in the group for help - no matter the time of day. Even if its just for a few hours to watch the kids so they can take a shower in peace, take a nap, get away for some "Me" time - I know that folks have a hard time asking for help - I am the same way. Maybe I need to work through the process of teaming folks up and helping each other. A few months ago, I asked folks to pick a name out of a hat and that being their prayer buddy - Maybe we need another one of those so we can have a "Me" buddy - where we give each other the evening off - or an afternoon of free time - a recharge on the batteries!

Well - looking forward to thanking everyone this evening and rejoicing that Walt is in heaven. Our next meeting will be us going to see him. Life is short loved ones, make each moment count. God has a purpose for you and He has a vision for your life - do you know what that vision is?
No matter how old or how young you are - God is looking to use you for His purposes......

Love you and thank you all for everything,
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send my condolences to all of you on Walt's passing...I am sending you all a virtual hug since I won't be able to come to the memorial...I will be thinking of you!

Love,
Angie