Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In the 70's ....

But it has not been that way all week. Kyle and I rode our new dirt bikes on Monday and we were having so much fun that we stopped and finally noticed it was snowing. We must have put 40 miles on those bikes yesterday with temps in the low 60's @ Lake Adger NC - I have never had so much fun! Riding that dirt bike and seeing my son smiling through his helmet and saying "Wild Hods" every time we stopped was priceless - but that soon ended with the report of an older lady walking her near death dog along our dirt road. She called securty and "Barney" swarmed us ..... I even had a vacuum in my hand as I was cleaning out the basement! I explained that we had never seen a horse on our road and that we didn't know about the rules about no dirt bikes in Lake Adger. So I just might get a real motorcycle and take Kyle for a ride then - such a simple thing that went bad. I can never get away with anything!

I had a chance to sit out on the deck last night and look at the stars - it is amazing at really how small we are. I mean so much has been created and we are just a speck in it all! I always say hello to mom when I am at the cabin and this time I got to include Walt in that hello. It was pretty cool knowing that they were together.
I am off back to work tomorrow. Kyle has a busy few days ahead with doctors appointments and then a day at the Nascar Speed park with our good friend Julie and her family. Carol and I need to plan our K-5 Lesson for Sunday and I need to prep a Rock Group study for Sunday night.
Even with a few days off, things progress forward ready or not LOL -

Thankful for a few good days of rest and peace at the cabin...... can't wait to get back but ready to engage in what God has for us this week and coming Sunday!

Love to you all,
Lonnie~

No comments: