Monday, March 17, 2008

Search till you find......

Isn't it funny when we lose something and we seach high and low for it and we just figure it is GONE. Then one day - BLAM - there it is and it had been under our noses all this time. My buddy at work who lost his wallet 6 months ago or longer found it Saturday.
I found something I had a year ago last Thanksgiving and it was buried in my email inbox of all places :) - guess that is telling me something!
I read this a year ago last Thanksgiving to my family before we shared our first Thanksgiving without my mom with us. I explained the Jesus gave us instructions and lessons for this life in the terms that a child can understand and that we have taken that message and have made it so complicated and hard to understand. Faith is simply accepting Jesus on the cross for your sins and believing that He rose from the dead and He made a place in heaven for you. Grow your faith from right there ....... I then asked my son Kyle to bless the food in a simple and understanding way that ALL would understand. It was time for new leadership and it was Gods place to lead my family.
Enjoy..... Lonnie


I love the fact that R2C2 (My Church) isn't about helping people become churchy--it's about helping people experience a transformed life in Christ that challenges folks to live out their faith daily in today's culture. Frankly, that's a lot harder than just being churchy. Churchiness is easy. You just follow prescribed rules.
Real faith is dynamic. It's controversial. It's dangerous. It's constantly growing. It asks challenging questions. It involves mystery. You can't put it in a box. You can't keep it quiet. You can't out-grow it. You can't out-dream it. It's more focused on others than it is on self. Real faith gives me peace but makes me discontent to let things stay the same.
It's amazing what God can do through a church that embraces that kind of vision for life together. It's revolutionary.

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I've always believed if you're not going forward with God that you are going backwards, there is no staying in the same place with God. God help me to continue to go forward and never stay the same. When I am quiet, Lord, help me to listen to what You have to say and not concentrate on what I have to say, help me daily to know the difference. Thank you for this day Lord, the is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice in it.