Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Reflections.....

What a day it was yesterday. Church was great with new and improved energy, focus and vision. I could tell the conference last Thursday at Unleash had rubbed off on a few folks and noticed a few other folks who needed rubbing on :) - Carol and her k-5 ministry team got the creative juices flowing yesterday with some added music to be playing during the setup and check in times, adding the candy hunt with 2 great prizes, Palm leaf crosses for everyone that Carol made herself! - Easter Egg Relay Races, and a craft time for the kids to make INVITE cards to give to their friends and neighbors to bring next Sunday- Did I mention Easter Egg Hunt this coming Saturday? There was such an energy yesterday and it was really fun! I am going to start bringing my camera to church so that I can take some pictures and share them here with everyone. Visual brings a whole lot more to the table than letting our imagination running with it.
After church yesterday we had our Rock Group fun day - we all planned on going bowling and then out to eat. Sorry for the folks who could not make it ... We all enjoyed a great fun day of bowling 2 games - our little guy Mr. David got to roll his first ball down the lane and actually hit the head pin and got a 4. How do you do that? We had such fun with sharing this day with the kids, I mean they are such an important part of our lives and they bring SO much to our Rock Group and church family. I will tell you this - there is nothing I would not do for my Rock Group families.... If you guys are reading this - I love you and I mean that with everything I have!!! Its an honor to do this life with you and your children .... We are making great investments in each other and for the kingdom of God. I would go down fighting for you guys!

Saturday night Carol and I were at our local High School raising money for their athletics. I have never officially played Bingo before but man that is some serious stuff taking place. People are serious and even if Carol or I did not win anything - we never do - it was fun anyways and enjoyed our time there with everyone! I won't be looking for an all night Bingo Parlor anytime soon but I bet some folks left to go there.... :)

I am looking forward to a busy week ahead.... Did I mention Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday? Easter on Sunday ..... then we are leaving for the cabin for a few days to rest while Kyle has spring break next week.......
Carol and I are working on our 3 families to invite this Sunday to church .... imagine the power of 3 ~ Inviting 3 people you know to church and letting God take it from there. That is EXCITING!!!!!!
Love you guys.....
Lonnie~

No comments: