Thursday, January 28, 2010

The day after...

Its hard to believe that after months now of planning and excitement building for the movie last night, its actually over. Some very powerful scenes and pretty much right on the book. To Save a Life - was indeed a awesome and powerful movie. Not only in the sense for the students to really see their lives and struggles on the screen being played out but also for the parents to get a look behind the front entrances of our schools. It was also pretty cool to get a look at the behind the scenes as a youth worker or youth pastor. I will share with you that I do believe that God has placed many big huge things on my heart the last few months - especially - in the last few weeks. I am excited in what God is doing through this movie and our next 6 weeks or more in our Student Ministry - The Flood - at church. There will be some great lessons, some awesome testimonies, students hopefully stepping forward experiencing God in a new way and making a place to be a "Safe Zone". I want more than ever for my life to represent a place where students, their families, "MyKids" - whomever will have a safe place to come and talk with me ... even if I am scared and no answer at all to their struggles or questions but over time grow to trust and walk through these tough life places we all face. We are in this together...... I have started a journal that I have been keeping some thoughts written down. Some have been learned, some read somewhere, some revealed to me through prayer.....
I will share this one today....

One of our most basic needs is to be understood by the inner circle of people with whom we walk.

Luke 9:18/20 -Peter's Confession of Christ
18Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, "Who do the crowds say I am?" 20"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "The Christ[a] of God."
We all want to be understood. We all want to be included and reached out to. Jesus asked Peter this important question - "Who do you say I am?" - We all want that same question answered in our lives.
To Save a Life Movie - as I look at all the characters in the movie and the parts the actors played... I know them in my own life. I see their faces ....I see them on Sundays....

They may look different and have a different name.... but I know them.
85 at the movie last night...... God is on the move and He for sure has something to say.
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.