Saturday, January 9, 2010



I got this sent to me this afternoon from my Aunt Sharon. This is the sunrise from their farm near Mt. Airy NC. I really love this moment in time that Gods has given us. Its like God showing off His beautiful side for us... to remind us that each morning if we just take a moment - we can really see and feel heaven touching down and touching us. For me its that still moment in time where it seems like time stands still for a few moments. Its not daylight and its not night time. Its such a peaceful time of day. The awesome thing is that each morning and in each sunset - they are never 2 the same. Each are different and unique in their own ways. I remember when my mom passed and the family came together and honored her by being there at the house when they carried her out. Yes there were tears, yes there was silense and the looks of peoples faces will forever be burned into my heart. It was quiet outside with no birds singing or wind blowing. When they got mom outside all the birds started singing. The air became crisp and everyone there felt it. God was showing us that mom was ok. I wish I could have taken a picture of that sunrise that morning. I remember it being so vivid and amazing in color. I will forever have a place in my heart for these precious moments.

So much of what I do in life has my heart attached to it. I am a pretty emotional kind of dude I guess. I was not anywhere like this before my mom passed but there are things that happen in our lives that change a person. My moms passing and the accepting of Jesus in my heart has really changed everything about me. The love I have for the things of God and doing with ALL my heart the things He has called me to do has so much of my heart and passion in to them. Sometimes hurt comes along the way. People change the rules or people don't understand. I know there have been times over my walk with Jesus where He has called me to do something, to walk along side someone, to have a HARD conversation - they dont understand because its not the norm. Its not what everyone else does, is or would do. Sometimes we lose people along the way. Friends walk out ... families and friends move on.

Proverbs 21: 2 All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.

Walking the walk and talking the talk of following Jesus is hard - no doubt about it. If you dont understand that, you should ask someone who is walking close with the Lord and who has answered the call on their life. I bet you will be surprised! Little things are big and big things are giant. Mountains move with faith and hearts are heavy too often. I love what I have been called to do. Its a total trust thing and at times I am scared and overwhelmed but I know God is taking me places. Folks stick and some dont.....

Luke 9:5 If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet.

People fish with nets and Jesus fished for people and there will always be those who get away no matter what you do, how much you love them or how much heart you have in it. Those are the hurtful ones for sure..... but pressing on in the fight brings new levels of understanding. All the ways seem right for man but there is only ONE if you follow Jesus.

Looking to the heavens in all its beauty and in brilliant colors. Time for sure is sweet when its standing still for those special few moments.

Miss you mom~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I miss your momma so much too Randy. She was such a wonderful big part of me....only God can fill that part of me in place of her. You know every time I see anything beautiful in life, such as the sunsets, sunrises, the snow, etc. I think of her because she was all about that kind of stuff. She saw the beauty in everything, sometimes when all I could see was the "reality" of it all, she brought out the good in it. I would have seen just the cold in that sunrise this morning before she passed, now I see God and her there with him and the beauty of it. Oh, how much she taught me in life. Oh, how much I had to learn when she left.

I know that you got your emotional side from your momma. I don't have to tell you how special that is, God has already let you know that.

My life is complete knowing I have Jesus in my heart, abundant love here with my family and the promise of seeing Jesus face to face one day and your momma's smile and those big brown eyes glowing as she says "Hey Sis, I've been waiting for you all this time". It's a promise we made to each other just before she died, if I went first I would look for her, and if she went first she would look for me". We made that promise that day with both of us knowing she was going first. She would have suffered first before she would have ever let me, or any of us, she was just that way. She will always be in my heart, it will always tug at my heart to have her here with me.

God Bless You Randy, enjoy your walk, the best is yet to come.

I love you,
Aunt Sharon