Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A big day!

Today has finally come. 7 teeth pulled and lots of pain and crooked smiles is changing today. Kyle is getting his braces this afternoon and he is pretty excited and scared at the same time. I continue to pray for his smile and also our bank account. But today also finds me worried and heavy but in prayer and listening for God - so there has been little in terms of distractions today like web surfing, face book checking and more time spent in my bible as well as in deep prayer. I woke this morning in mid prayer with the words on my toungue. There are a lot of changes that is taking place in my role as a follower of Jesus. My role in student ministry is taking shape and leading students and families is right in my hands and its hard to believe that God is using me like this. Its hard to believe that all this time my story and my journey from long ago would lead me to here and on this path. Its really unbelievable to be quite honest but one that looking back, the cancer that took my mom, the heart attack my dad had, my sickness in 1999 and the invitation into my sons classroom in 3rd grade by his teacher, Donna - has all had a part in leading me to where I am today. I never thought that I would have a heart that is filled with "MyKids" and making such a positive male role model for them and an example in leading them to Jesus would be such a powerful life changing thing. I pray for those opportunities and for those friendships every single day.
For one of "MyKids" is having some sickness now and I am just heavy about it. I am praying for God to take this from her, even if it means to give it me - I am praying for the doctors and nurses that will be in charge of her diagnosis or care - maybe its something simple... I do know and trust and believe with all my heart that she is in Gods hands though and I am not so sure how I would be if that were not the case. I believe even through this God will be glorified through it. Much like my moms cancer.... God received the glory because of it. My walk with Him today is because of that cancer and even though I miss my mom with everything in me... I would give up anything to have her back - I would not change anything about it. My dad is happy again and married to a wonderful God loving woman and he is leading a life now with more faith in Jesus than ever before... Praise God for that. It has deepened my Aunt Sharons faith and trust in Jesus through all that as well. I know I will see my mom again when that time comes. The past is behind us but ~
The unknown of tomorrow, take heart and know its part of the story God has written for all of us!

Joshua 1:9 has been adopted as my new years verse to start the year off with. So with so many things ahead of me that I have never done, never been through, never thought I would be doing - I am for sure out of my comfort zone and that is right where God teaches us, leads us and uses us.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Marching on in faith ... trusting the Lord in all His promises. Blessed to experience His grace, love and mercy. Yes its a big day ..... every day is a big day living your life for higher purposes other than your own because its not about me. Its not about you... Its about Jesus and by Him creating you ... you were made to bring Him glory and honor.
I pray I am doing that today.
With love,
Lonnie

No comments: