Saturday, January 23, 2010

Revival begins when we are in these places....

The last few weeks Pastor Travis and I have really been hammering our students pretty hard. I have been hammering the students that are close to me, in our rock group and even Kyle. Owning their faith and taking a stand in their lives for Jesus. No more being whimpy and going along with the crowd. Honoring God with the music we listen to, the other students we eat lunch with, the relationships with have with others, the way we handle ourselves in public and in private. It has to be the core of WHO YOU ARE!!! There is not time off... there is no just on Sunday following Jesus. He has to be in you all the time, at the movies, in school, at work, at the dinner table, in secrets that you keep from others - They all shape who you are.
Pastor Travis has said many times over the last few weeks - Revival starts right here and right now..... take a stand for Jesus - be a world changer.... it begins in your world... where YOU are doing life with. Surround yourself with people who will raise you up in prayer and walk with you in shaping your character and speaking TRUTH into your life...... Revival starts with 1 person... taking another person with them on a journey while keeping their eyes, hearts, and minds on the bigger things and seeking God with all they have.

This post is from my Aunt Sharon this morning. I know she wont mind me sharing this since she put it on "thewalk" as a comment but I dont want it to be hidden and not seen. She is a bright light for Jesus and needs to be shining on the mountain top and not under a table where nobody will see. Her parkinsons will be used to glorify God and He will shine through her for all those around her..... God uses all things to bring us closer to Him.
Love you Aunt Sharon ... thank you for the years of praying, the heart in serving and being such a strong witness to the love of God for all to see. God has you and the struggles you have now and down the road will be much less because of the power and grace that you have today in Christ Jesus. Revival ........ in your heart............ Be contagious. Mom is with you as I am too.

Randy,,,,,


I am so glad that Katie has a real family now. She is in good hands. She will always remember her 16th birthday and all of you will always be in that memory. That is what life is all about, memories.
I have absorbed the news I received yesterday, I was not surprised, I think I knew already what it was. All the months of thinking "something is wrong with me" and then thinking "maybe it's just all in my head" and "what is wrong with me??" have come to a head and this morning as I start the meds for parkinson's disease I admit I am a little nervous about the strange pills that work in your brain. Of course, that's the devil's doings he won't miss an opportunity if you let him get his foot in the door.
My first thoughts are that I know God is with me and will be through it all. I also ponder on the fact that since I am so much younger than Uncle Buster will I be able to take care of him or is he going to have to try to take care of me? And of course, my heart is broken that your momma is not here to walk this walk with me. She was all about this you know, being here for me, she was always here for me no matter what I had to go through. I thought of it in the neurologist waiting room before I went in. How she would be there holding my hand rubbing my hand with her thumb as she always did. She always SHOWED her feelings, how she cared, while so many others just expected you to KNOW they care. But she was all about SHOWING it in little precious ways. But then again I'm thinking, I wouldn't want her to have to go through worrying about me, so I guess God worked it all out, she had enough in her life to worry about without having to go through this with me. My next thoughts are that I may have Parkinson's disease but I am not going to let it have me. I am going to do the best I can, help myself all I can and learn all I can about it, and most of all I am going to continue to let my love of Jesus and His light to shine through me. I have already told Uncle Buster no matter what it takes, whether it gets better or worse, get me to church any way you have to. I go Sunday mornings, Sunday night, and Wednesday night services, and any other time in between that I can. That is the fuel for my heart. I do NOT want any way to "forsake the assembling of His House". HE is the most important thing in my life, not parkinson's. HE is what is going to get me through to the other side. I don't know what I'll have to face, it may not be good, but I know in my heart what lies on the other side for me. No matter what comes my way with this I am not going to let Satan stop me from reaching that other side. I have too much waiting there for me, and it's possible this very well may be my opportunity to go sooner.
God bless you Randy, I am still happy. I have a good husband and son & family, a good church family, my adopted son (you of course)so many precious memories that I believe God will allow me to remember, and my Salvation in Jesus Christ. I can overcome anything that I have to with the help of my Lord. I am quoting the same scripture to myself that I quoted so many times to your momma "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" Psalms 34:4
Look up, our redemption draweth near!
I love you dear one,Aunt Sharon

No comments: