Thursday, January 21, 2010

Devine moment.....

I will try and make this a quick post this afternoon. Time is running out on me today and have to get to another doc appointment. Prayers for my Aunt Sharon today as her doc appointment is this within the hour. Also thankful for a good talk with one of my close kids this morning - hope we are back on track again. Did have yet another sleepless night and up early but I am hoping a little down time over the next few days will do me some good. I am really looking forward to the cabin for a few days - nice weather or not.
The last few days I have been on my face over a few things before the Lord. Pastor Travis said it perfect last night at our middle/high school bible study - sometimes carrying the burdons of others is really hard but it is what we are each called to do as a follower of Christ. Its those tough hard things that keep us up at night and I have been experiencing that first hand lately. Being the waffle that I am - its hard not to just want to fix things and get in there and get my hands dirty but sometimes... we just need to be patient and let some time pass and let God handle things. I bet its hard for you too ..... I am trying and that I continue to bring to the Lord. He will help me carry what I need to carry as well as the load I am carrying for others.
This morning I opened to Luke 18 and this is what I read.
Luke 18
The Parable of the Persistent Widow 1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'
4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "
6And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"


I have memories of being at Walmart with Kyle going through the toy isle as he is picking something out or him spending a little of his own money and seeing a child screaming for a toy. You know that child...laying on the ground, kicking, screaming and mom/dad not knowing what to do but totally embarrassed. Sometimes our prayers are just like that. We give them to God and expect an answer... we want instant results and many times it just doesn't work that way. Sometimes it takes years for God to reveal His plan in your prayer life. So I am reminded today to stay on my face for the things that break my heart and keep me up at night. If its a relationship that is not going well - are you doing everything you can to make it right? Are you continuing to lift that relationship to Jesus and ask that He be involved? Just like the lady in the parable that Jesus told, she stuck with it.... she kept coming back and in the end she got what she was asking for.
Prayer is huge part of our faith and getting down on our knees for a minute each morning is not exactly what God has in mind for our prayer life. Don't let you heart be at rest if there is something that important dear ones...... keep lifting and keep your eyes looking up.
Matthew 7:11 if you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

i LOVE when "mykids" come to me and ask me things or ask me for something or to bring them along with whatever I am doing. Imagine how God feels when we do the same to Him?

Lonnie~

No comments: