Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I downloaded Jeremy Camp's latest album which is live and have just fell in love with it. I have loved his music in the past and this album for me just really speaks volumes and really hits me in the heart. I love it when he pauses in between songs or right in the middle of them and preaches the word ... he has such a way to share his heart with his fans in sharing Jesus. I love the last song on the album "Give Me Jesus" - here are the words.
Give Me Jesus
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.
When I am alone,When I am alone, When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,Just give me Jesus.
When I come to die,When I come to die,When I come to die,Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,You can have all this world,
You can have all this world, Just give me Jesus.

I love my morning times - if you know anything about me you would know I am a morning person. Not only is it quiet, a great time to reflect, to pray, to study in Gods word, to hear the birds and the stillness in all of what God has created... its also the most peaceful time of day. Doesn't matter where I am ... at the beach or in the mountains - with people or not.... I guess I got that from my mom. She has been pretty heavy on my heart the last few weeks. Her 5 year passing in not even until next month but I will share a few things that are on me so that you know or feel it on your heart to pray. Yesterday as you know I gave blood but it was what they call a double which basically means the blood is filtered and they take what they need from it (which is given to cancer patients) and then saline is put back into my body. Being I am normally cold natured 97.5 yesterday when I checked in.... Saline is kept at room temp - 67 maybe. Needless to say I was not feeling good but I have never had this much of a problem before. I was pretty drained yesterday late afternoon and even sat in the office afraid to walk to the deck. I got home and got some dinner. With some added stress on me and no chance to hit the gym today - I headed over to hit the treadmill. I did not push it but I sure felt it afterwards. I sat in the gym floor for a little while and then managed to get home and get in the shower. Almost passed out in there but luckily Carol was talking to me (secretly checking on me) as I hit the wall and shower door. I got out and sat the rest of the evening just not feeling good. Some extra fluids and up at 4 AM - I think I am on the mends. This is a small price to pay if you really think about it. I helped save someone who needs the blood because their body is not working and maybe its their last stand against this nasty cancer.... doesnt even matter what kind it is. I pray that the blood I gave brings healing for that person or persons. It also has me thinking the last few days on prayer ... prayer for healing. My Aunt Sharon will be reading this and thats ok as I have passed on her prayer request to the pastors at my church. She is having some issues with her hand and arm shaking really bad. She has had issues with this in the past but has been tested and cleared of MS and some other neurological things. This time it seems a lot worse and it has her scared and worried. Yes its all in Gods hands now as my momma once said. I prayed as hard as I ever have prayed in my life and God clearly told me that my mom would be healed but just not in the way I wanted. Ultimately He would heal her in heaven and her body would be perfect in every way but God had a purpose in my mom and in her cancer. It brought me to Jesus and He taught me many things during that season ... He lead me to lead my family as well during this time. He brought Kyle an understanding of death and salvation at such an early age and he again had to experience that with his grandpa Walt passing 2 years ago this month. I know Gods will is always what will come from things even if we pray and ask God to intervene, to start something or to stop something... but ultimately all I can ask is that God gets the glory through whatever it is we are facing. So I can pray and ask the Lord to heal my Aunt Sharon... to heal the person that a student emails me with a prayer request asking for healing for a parent or grandparent, I can pray for one of "mykids" and be on my face ..... fast and pray like never before but through it all - it brings me closer to Him. Through the sickness, through the struggle, through the people asking for prayer - it brings us closer to Him and that is Gods plan really.... to be more like Him and to trust in the outcome of His will. I want to be more like Jesus. I want to have a heart that hurts for people and I have to be honest that I have never felt more urgent for this generation than I have ever been before. Haiti is a place that cuts me deep right now with all the suffering going on and people asking where is this God you keep talking about. People there on the news hurting - praising God for them to be alive. Its right there on tv folks.... we see what we want to see. I look around and see the hurt in my students.... family struggles, dad missing from the picture and nobody there to lead their family .... I pray for them and ask God to help me make a difference even if it is harder on me, even if I have to be the one to reach out all the time, even if I have to take on the hurt and have the hard conversations. Someone has to do it....
Whats the point in all this if you wont let it change you?

I am finishing up my book that I got yesterday - To Save a Life - its a movie that will be released nationwide Friday. I hope to have over 100 people attend next Wed nights movie night through our student ministry at church. It is such a strong message with what our teens are facing today. There is a lot of me in this book and if it makes it to the big screen - there will be a lot of me on that screen. I am praying it touches a generation to take a stand for Jesus who want to make a difference in this world. Who will take the hard road and do the hard things.
I will end today's post with the rest of the song....
With all I have~

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.Y
ou can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I know that your momma having cancer drew you closer to Jesus. It opened our eyes and our hearts for sure. It still don't seem real, I looked for a couple of hours last night at her pictures. I looked at all the ones of you and Craig with her while you were growing up. She glowed looking at you two boys. I miss her so bad, as I know you do. I remember all the times I went to the dr and she would either go with me or she would call me before I even got out of the office. How I would love for her to be here when I go for my appointments and tests in the next few days. She always had a way of calming me down. She was ALWAYS there for me. I was just thinking this morning as I pondered on what this diagnosis may be, how if she was here she would be right there for me, she and I would go through this together. Just like I was with her through her cancer even up until her death. I couldn't help but smile remembering the love and closeness we shared. I could actually feel her hand in mine. She is still with me, in my Spirit, she is right there with God holding my hand.

Yes, it is what it is, and it is in God's hands, just like your momma told me the day she went into the oncologist's office and he sent her straight to the hospital. She walked into the hospital that day never to walk again, she lived three months and 6days after that day. Such bad memories, yet the memories of having a little more time with her are so precious.

She said "God will see us through" and that's what I'm saying, God will see us through! Thank you Jesus!

Love you & keep praying, we're looking for good news, either way I know God will never leave me.
Aunt Sharon