Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sorry for not posting in the last few days. I have a lot going on. Katie, my niece has been with us since Sunday and will be going home tomorrow for about a week before she returns for the school year here in NC. I am excited about that in many ways - first it was not our idea - it was totally hers and if you are 15, you know how important friends are. They are before family in many cases and she has decided to leave them in PA and come to NC to get a fresh start in life. How many people in this life would love that chance? A new start, a chance to reinvent yourself and hopefully make some better changes in life. The thing that strikes me again and I have said this before - if you continue to make the same choices over and over, how can we expect a different result?
Grace has been a word that has been heavy on my heart the last few weeks. It is something that is given freely and without asking. Its out of love that grace flows and is granted. A love so deep and so wide that God gave the word its true meaning.
My post is short today but I am not short on words and emotion that is in my heart. I love today because of the Gods grace and mercy that I accepted 4 years ago. I have the passion and the energy and the fuel of Gods grace to extend to others. I am here loved ones....... we are blessed with a spiritual need - for each other.
That is what is on my heart this morning. Blessings are often thought of as a good thing, a prize, a gift.... but in many cases a blessing can also be something that makes us get up and get involved, to be a participant and get in the game. That blessing breaks our hearts and we reach out of our comfort zones to make a difference. For some, that may mean walking with a friend, crying with a friend or even celebrating with a friend. I think about my family, my church family, my rock group families and "MyKids" - ya'll mean the world to me. I have a lot to pour into because some things are worth pouring into. You are worth that to me and I am blessed with that need. So often we live our young lives trying to be independent and on our own .... only to realize later on, hopefully in life, that we had it all wrong. We are dependant on each other and on God.
This morning on my way into work, a construction worker who probably should have been working and not blasting the radio in his car.... I don't know I was an hour early for work since I couldn't sleep this morning.... had a song playing - "Blessed be Your Name" - I stopped and waved at him and gave him the thumbs up ... and he smiled and turned it even louder... Yes Lord - Blessed be Your Name - My heart will choose to say .... Blessed be Your Name.
Things are just "Right" this morning.....

With love,
Lonnie~

No comments: