Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday...

It has been some time that I have been this relieved, excited and pumped about a Friday. Carol, Kyle, Kate and I are headed for a first ever as a family over night stay to the cabin. We have one of "MyKids" going with us and hopefully another family that IS family going with us too. I am especially pumped for it as we spend time together, invest and enjoy some smiles. This has been a long week - On a few different occasions we have had to adjust the game plan. We have had to take out an additional set of rules, call in for help (prayer) and examine the weakness that was dragging the family in the wrong direction. Much like a Panther Football game - as the coaches examine each drive - they have to sometimes adjust the play calling in order to win the game. They have to move people in and off the field in order to compete in the game. Much like our lives-we sometimes are unsure how the blowout started but we look up and we are knee deep in the crap and we have to do something different in order to have a different outcome. We may have never even seen it coming ... splat - a turnover and life needs to be adjusted.

A few nights this week I lay in bed thinking over the past few months, what was right, what went wrong, what I could have done better or did differently....A good evaluation .... but life so many times is lived living in the rear view mirror and God has a lot to say about living life that way. I am excited for Rock Group this Sunday and be able to lead on a few things as well as tackle a new lesson topic that deals with some big issues. I am hoping it will be a great followup to our Pastors Tag Team lifetalk on RESET. I am excited about it ........

I want to share something funny this afternoon - as this story has been unfolding all week. Donnie is our Pastor of Connections at church and on his blog he has been having some hair troubles.... so he decided to change his "DO" - you can check that out here.... http://www.donnieicenhour.blogspot.com/ - Donnie - you are one funny dude and I have needed the laughs this week bro.

I had the chance last night to take some of "MyKids" to the rollerskating rink. Yes they still do that after all these years. It was fun getting the chance to catch up on SO many of last years kids that I have missed over the summer and who are now in middle school. It was fun catching up with them and excitement was full tilt! Morgan does not skate so she and I headed for some ice cream and just time to hang out together. The great thing about it is, doesn't really matter what we do - its just fun. I am blessed to have stepped up my game for her and her sister this summer. Love you both! Here we are in Dicks Sporting Goods and I had Morgan try on some football shoulder pads and I handed her a football. Morgan .... you got stardom no matter what you set your heart on! Proud of you - Mean it!~ With love and Gods peace everyone, Lonnie~

1 comment:

Steph said...

Love the picture of Morgan with the pads on!