Monday, August 31, 2009

Have to share...

For so many of you - who know me - know my story. My testimony. My walk was planted not that long ago by by Uncle Buster and Aunt Sharon. A seed that over time grew and sprouted roots. Strong roots because as I look at faith - if I had to look at someone as an example in my family ... it would be my Uncle Buster and Aunt Sharon. For years they have prayed for me, Carol and Kyle and the rest of my family. They are where I get the prayers warrior status that some of you have labeled me with. We don't talk every day but our hearts are in tune with each other. My Aunt Sharon had a vibe so often times with my mom - they knew each others thoughts, feelings and could finish each other sentances. There have been many times over the last few years that I have felt Aunt Sharon or Uncle Buster in a special way ... and have called to find out whats up... she has done the same. Again ... Aunt Sharon shining for our Lord by reaching out and extending words of wisdom. Wisdom that runs deep in truth and wide as any mountain range. I do know I would not be in "mywalk" today if it were not for them.
I love you always Aunt Sharon and Uncle Buster .... you are 2 very special people and that is not only in my eyes.... All of heaven is proud of you for your continued years of serving our Lord Jesus and your faithfulness.
Sharing tonight ... with tears in my eyes.
*****
There is a song that Uncle Buster sings that I want to share with you at this moment. It is a "Rainy day blues" song, I think God means for it to be shared with you.It goes like this:
KNOWN ONLY TO HIM
When my eyes behold the stars, This heart of mine can't help but wonder.My poor mind cannot grasp the array, But the hand that spilled them thereAll across the wide HeavensHad a plan when He placed them that way.
Known only to HIm, are the great hidden secretsI'll fear not the darknessThough my flame shall dimI know not what the future holdsBut I know who holds the futureIt's a secret known only to HIM.
In this world of fear and doubtOn my knees I ask this questionWhy a lonely heavy cross I must bearThen He tells me in my prayersIt's because I am trustworthyHe gives me strength for more than my share.
Known only to Him are the great hidden secretsI'll fear not the darknessThough my flame shall dimI know not what the future holdsBut I know who holds the futureIt's a secret known only to HIM.
It's a secret know only to HIM.
I love you, ALWAYS here for you,Aunt Sharon

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

so proud you shared with the world.... God is awesome and so is HIS light shinning through YOU.

You are right, we don't have to talk every day to feel the bond we will always have with each other.

We love you too, more than you will ever know,
Special prayers always,
Aunt Sharon & Uncle Buster