Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sleep...

It has been tough the last few nights with sleeping. Not sure why so much is running through my mind - yea right! Anyways - I guess when I get tired enough my body will tell me and it will rest. In the meantime - here is what is on my heart this morning and this evening when I have "MyKids" as Carol leads the Women's Bible study this evening.. this will be part of my lesson to share with them.

Remember when your kids wanted to be just like you? It's not enough to tell them they should stay on the right path. They're going to follow you. Where are you leading them?
I know it is tough being a dad these days. Many are not committed to their families and their families are suffering for it. That is just the truth - but there are many who are doing what it noble and what is right. Those are the dads that I am learning from and wanting to be so I press on reaching out, loving out of my heart and seeking Gods will over my own.

My message today comes from Matthew 25:34-40
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

This evening I will be taking some a small crew with me to the nursing home here in town to visit some of the seniors. It was a great idea from one of "MyKids" as God placed this on her heart. It should be a well invested and eye opening experience. Excited to see what God has in store during this time. Who in your life right now loved ones, is fitting the example of "the least of these?" I bet you could come up with maybe more than one .... my question today is - What are you doing about that? Is it big enough to break your heart? Big enough to get you off the couch and doing something about it?
There is a long road ahead ... where will be your investments in this life be spent?
Scared and excited but at peace today,
Lonnie~

No comments: