Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The beginning is today. Its a trek forward from a darker place that has taken years in shaping. It is big - it is who you are today. Your walk has been long and bumpy at times but things are about to change. God has placed you under my care - our care. I accepted the assignment that I have been preparing for - an assignment that I would have given to any of "MyKids" who needed it. It comes from a place deep in my heart - its in that place that love is kept. My hand is open and my heart is ready for the challenges ahead. I know God has placed me here for this reason - it is all part of His plan. Your mom passed for a reason and hopefully one day you will know what that reason is. Looking back I hope you will see it ... but looking forward is cloudy and not very well seen....almost like looking through a mist. Trust is in there somewhere.... I hope you find it. Your mom - Our moms, see we share the same loss. The loss of a mom and a friend. A person we looked up to and provided comfort and safety. Aunt Carol gets to be that figure now as she has always wanted a daughter in her life. She is blessed to have many daughters that she loves like her own but this is a little different. You are very much a part of her. She wants to guide you and teach you how to be the woman that God created. You have so much potential and you will need to find your purpose and direction in life. A few more years and you will be off to college, exploring who you have become and choices made now will follow your every move. As God has shown me the love that I have never thought I could feel - He has opened my heart to what Grace is all about. Its a second chance .... a new beginning. Accepting Him into my heart and into my life has changed me completely and given me direction, purpose and love that is without question -unconditional. I have been praying for you for years and now you will be under my roof and under my guidance. Walk with me ..... dear one ....walk with us. Let us show you the glory and honor in following the steps that Jesus has put down on our lives. I have little words to describe the real meaning of it all but we want you to come along and share in it. I look around at all the families and all the leaders who are asking about you and who are full of encouragement and offering to help in anyway possible just brings me to tears. I love "MyKids" - its a term I use for all the kids in my life that I have influence with, a relationship with as a leader, a friend and in many cases a fatherly figure and some kind of like a male life coach I guess. All the while I keep praying that Jesus shines through me so that they see Him more than they see me. His purposes and His intentions and a love with His heart. I am always serving, always trying to reach and it is who I have become. I pray that you will fit right in and join us in what we are doing.
Its up to you ...... I am there ready to serve if you are ready to be served for a little while. Then it will be your turn as we team together. Together - isn't that what its all about really? Not me doing my thing and you doing your thing... but doing our thing together? Family sticks together through thick and thin... I understand that now. God never meant for us to be independent .... but dependant on each other and on Him.
I had lunch today with one of "MyKids" - I love asking her questions that make her think and reveal what is on her heart. She melted my heart today after she told me she loved me ... that means the world to me. I love that time together and I know I will love our time together. I have been spending extra time the last few weeks in those few precious moments during the day that time seems to stand still. Right before dawn and right before the sun sets. This past weekend I got to share a little of that story with some of my closest kids ..... I hope to share that someday with you.
Come .... walk with me, I will help carry the burdens, dear one ... just as I do for all "MyKids". How they see me means more to me than they every will know. I am there for them and I am there for you. Let me lead awhile ..... and show you the way. Gods paths are always bigger and better and in the mean while, let your heart change and heal as He crafts something out of you that you didn't even know was in you. You took a big first step and I am proud of you for doing so - leaving everything you know behind for this new start, a new beginning and I hope you take my hand.
Some words from Thirst Camp this year that I had all the high school and middle school girls saying.. shouting for all to hear .... "You are powerful and beautiful" - you were created in Gods image and He for sure doesn't make junk. You are wonderfully made......
The beginning is today.

1 comment:

Steph said...

You are indeed beautifully and wonderfully made, God's unique masterpiece.