Monday, May 18, 2009

What place is this?

As one chapter closes another chapter is opened. This past weekend Carol told me and then pointed me to her blog site. She has posted her last heartfelt thoughts on there. I totally understand the reasoning's behind it. Many times having nothing to share, maybe not feeling like those things that are going on in life are news worthy or sharing what you are learning or what God is teaching you, maybe focusing in on what others are saying about you as you pour your heart into your words when you are posting them.... there is a lot that goes into this for most folks who blog something. Not twittering - I mean I can see some value in that but for me ... I don't see a reason to give small captions of my day every hour on the hour. I don't think anyone cares that I tell everyone that I showed up to work, went to the bathroom or is at Walmart. I blog in this method because there is someone who needs some encouragement and they might need to read something that is centered around Jesus to get them through the day or to refocus themselves or just know there is someone else out there who is going through the same kind of things as they are.
So if this is not your landing spot ... move along, its ok. I do get some negative feedback from time to time on here and I don't post those comments because that is their thoughts ~ not mine. I am not aiming to people please but to share Jesus with others and to share what He is doing in my life. Carol your words and heart will be missed and I am sure there are some folks who love reading your posts even though they never comment about it or let you know. Facebook is your new avenue now so use it to share with others. So many don't feel the passion in your life about the things you hold dear. Family, church, our sunday school kids and the k-5 ministry, our rock group families and the people we are doing life with, Harrisburg Elementary school - the PTA and teachers there as well as the simple things of taking time to relax, tubing and being at the cabin .... and yes - even Adger and Payton.
This brings me to my thoughts this morning.
As one chapter closes another opens. I got to sit with the 5th graders yesterday at church. It was a small group as I was expecting many more since it was our last time together. Maybe I am more serious than they are about it because they are moving on to the student ministry ... but I have poured - we have poured so much into these kids over the years. They are our leaders in growth coming up for the student ministry, our church and in our country and by there example in serving. Many of them serve at church as hard as any of the serving adults! What a great bunch of kids. Deep inside of them - you can tell who has the character - that deep inside place - to make a difference. Outside influence won't overcome them or change them much in who they really are. They are who they are regardless of who is looking...... It has been such a blessing to be a part of their lives.
Friday, I received a new book that I got from Pastor James MacDonald. He is the pastor at Harvest church and hosts the radio show - Walk in the Word. I listen to him every single day and have learned so much from him. I opened the book and went right to the topic of interest for me and wanted to hear his heart on the subject of "Bless a child". If you know me at all - I am all about the kids. Carol thinks I am nuts at times but my heart is so big for them. Last night I took a van full to the bowling alley and had such a great time with them. I feel their struggles and the places they go in life. I want so much for each of them ..... and for each of them to really understand how much Jesus loves them. He is all they need .......
I want to share Pastor James's words here because it rocked my face off and hits home for me in where my heart is.
Bless a Child - James MacDonald
Deep within the heart of every person is a longing for parental approval. We search for it our whole lives. If we dont get it from our parents, we look for it elsewhere. Until we receive it, our hearts are restless. When we get it, however, we experience a level of fulfillment and security we cant get any other way. We all want to feel confident that our mother and father know us, love us, and value us, that they are proud of us and recognize our accomplishments. From the preschooler who calls our from the sandbox, "Dad, look what I made," to the kid who fidgets nervously as mom reads the report card, to the high school student who appears in the kitchen dressed for the prom and says, "How do I look?", to the grown adult who cant wait for mom and dad to see their new home, car or new baby - parental blessing is a universal longing.
You might be saying to yourself, "Well, I didnt get this blessing from my parents." Maybe that's true. But if life in Christ is about anything, it is about breaking the chains of the past. As you become an adult, you have to move beyond the what-did-I-get-from-my-parents mentality and recognize that your parents may have not received the blessing either. Perhaps you're the 1st generation Christian who can draw a line in the sand and declare, "The blessing begins right here." What an opportunity God has given you! You can be the 1st in a line of people who will do the things that God in His Word has commanded be done.
Perhaps you're a single adult or married with no children. How many children are in your life whose parents dont have the wisdom to make sure their children get this blessing? Surely every adult has some access to kids and could meet this God-given need that every person longs to have fulfilled. Praise God for you who will say, "I didn't get this blessing myself, but in God's strength I'm going to give it."

Mark 10:13-16
The Little Children and Jesus
13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

This so hits home for me ........
Lonnie~

No comments: