Sunday, May 24, 2009

43 and counting.....

Never thought I would be saying 43 but I am. Carol, Kyle, my nice Jennifer and I have been at the cabin since Thursday. The weather has not been all that great but we are making the most of it. The troops have headed to Ingles for some odds and ends and then into Chimney Rock Village to do a little shopping. So I have some quiet time - to think, pray, and to be thankful for all that I have in life. The last few years have been an amazing ride - God, YOU rock and so thankful for your son Jesus. I want to focus more on the things of God this coming year and reach further to those around me. I look at my nieces - Jenn and Katie - How do they know they are lost when they don't know they are lost?
Today's message from NewSpring church comes from Matthew 7:
Ask, Seek, Knock
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

They say that giving is always better than receiving. I have really began to understand this in the last few years. Birthday's for most folks means - getting something. I am getting something - Another Day to serve our awesome God. Another day to reach out to others for His purpose and grace. Another day to touch a life of someone who needs to know and experience Jesus. Yesterday while in Chimney Rock - I got my stash of crosses and will be making some necklaces to give out to folks - mostly "MyKids". I can't wait to start handing them out and seeing the smiles.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes today - Thanks to the Davis girls for my voice mail of my girls singing happy birthday to me ... I am just so humbled by the folks that God has me doing life with. Years ago I was seeking ...seeking something bigger and better. Seeking purpose and direction. I got the chance to ask that question last night to my neice Jennifer. She gave the same answer I did years ago - before I knew Jesus. I pray that by the peace I have in my life, the example of my family and the focus we have in our daily walk with Jesus, that she will see something different.
Jesus is that something different.
As I type this - there is a hummingbird right outside the window and on the bird feeder off the deck is the prettiest blue bird I have ever seen. Dogs are sleeping on the deck and the sun is popping in and out from the clouds. Life here is grand and I am soaking in a little piece (peace) of heaven. No presents today ----- just His presence.

Love you all~
Lonnie

No comments: