Wednesday, May 6, 2009

EARTH

I got the chance last nite to take some of our Rock Group kids to see the movie Earth. We brought popcorn, m&m's and drinks into the movie and enjoyed sitting mid way in the almost empty theatre. The movie Earth was really good and the scenery was unreal. A tour through our most north pole to our most southern pole - we followed wales, lions, elephants, birds, seasons and all kinds of plants from the artic region to the rain forests. The movie was appropriate for the kids and that I am concerned with these days but it was also a great time to invest and spend some time with them. Afterwards we got to walk around the mall a little and if you know me - I am not much of a mall person.... but we had fun in the "Seen it on TV" store and had the lady in there just laughing at us as we experienced all the products in the store :) - we also had a mall vendor stop me and ask for my thumb. Seems he wanted to shine my thumb nail up and make it smooth and have it shine for some reason. Well, he got Kyles and Marissa's. It was the funniest thing ever as they stood there watching this guy rub this foam block on their thumb nails, remove Marissa's nail polish and shine those babies up! We will be talking about that for weeks to come, I am sure. I am already looking forward to the next movie time together!
Tonight Kyle and I are headed to his Bible study. The first Wed of the month I get to go. I am usually pretty stoked by then and I am today! Also get to invest in some of the other kids during this time and for "MyKids" I am going to swing them by for icecream afterwards. I just have some extra focus and energy for them this week. I am very thankful for that..... God is doing something through all this and I feel very blessed and honored to be doing so.
Hope today finds you investing your time and energy into lasting things. I know the sacrifice that is being made today will pay off in the future .... I am putting it in Gods hands as well as all of these awesome kids that I get to be part of.
Proverbs 23:
24 The father of godly children has cause for joy. What a pleasure to have children who are wise.[e] 25 So give your father and mother joy! May she who gave you birth be happy.

No comments: