Saturday, May 9, 2009

Guest Blogger~

When we lose someone close - it affects people in many ways. Some ways last a persons life and they are forever changed. If you have your mom tomorrow - reach out in a special way tomorrow. Before she had you she was just a woman and the second she had you she became a mother. You will only have 1 mother in this life. This is an entry from my Aunt Sharon. Today, after 3 years she continues to struggle with the loss of my mom. Following Jesus makes this so much easier because one day - we will be reunited with her. I am posting her thoughts because it may be words dear to someones struggling heart today. May the Lord reach your heart today with a peace you have never experienced. His loves endures forever and through all generations.
Lonnie~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is such a hard month for me Randy. Mother's Day, and your momma's birthday coming up too. It's strange that she and I never missed a Mother's Day sending each other a card. There was just a special bond between us that will never, ever go away. I still miss her as much as I did the day she left to go to Heaven. Everything I do, I ask myself would Sis approve of it, would she think it was the best I could do?? I do know she is watching us. I struggle so much more than anyone knows about, other than you.
I've let the highlights in my hair grow out, my hair has gotten so dark. I look at my reflection in the mirror and think Sis would like this. She will still know me even if I was always blond and now my hair is dark. I think maybe, just maybe, you can see a little more of her in me now. I don't know, maybe I just long to hear her say again "Sis, just accept yourself, you are what you are, the way God made you" She always knew what to say to make it all ok. Just to see her smile again one more time.......and those big brown eyes looking at me and us knowing right away what each other was thinking. It's so funny. We ALWAYS knew what each other were thinking.
I know you are hurting also, so I pray I've not added to your grief. Everyone thinks I should be over losing her......but I believe you understand. She was so much more to me than "just a sister", so much more....she was my best friend in the whole world, sometimes my only friend, the one I knew would always be there for me & understand me. She was a mother image at times, yet most of the time we were just silly crazy laughing happy to be having some girl time together. Sometimes, she was the only link I had with my childhood...she understood the uncertainy of all of it for me.I can't wait to see her again, I am so anxious to get there. The older I get the more I want to go. I do know that there will never be anyone in my life that will ever fill the place she had in my heart. I am not bitter or angry that she had to go, I just cannot accept that she is gone. I don't think my heart will ever heal, not until I take my heavenly flight or the Lord comes back for us.
I pray everyday for you, Carol, and Kyle. Little Kyle, he's seen so much in his young life, she really loved you all Randy. She didn't have to worry about you all. She knew you had it all together. That is why she had you to promise. She just knew. And yes, she is watching. And she still knows....
Goodnight Sis, we will see you soon. We love you & miss you so much. It's so hard without you, but we will make you proud of us. You would be so proud of Randy, Carol, & Kyle and the way they are allowing God to work in their lives. You did a good job, you were such a good mother to your boys. We rejoice knowing you are happier than you have ever been. We have learned so much since you left.......so much I would love to share with you Sis. So much I would love to tell you. But you know already, I am sure of it. And Sis, those things we never got to discuss just before you died, it's ok, I know, and it's still ok. Our life is but a vapour the Bible says, and that stuff was not that important. Some things we worried about seemed so important, they were not that important when it came time for you to go, the main thing was just knowing you were going to Heaven and that we all loved you just as you were & that one day we'd be together again.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day in Heaven Sis, I know you are smiling, no more tears Sis, no more worries, you made it and you are wonderfully at peace.
Thank you dear Lord for allowing me to dream of Sis three nights in a row this week. It was wonderful having her visiting me.
I will love you always Sis, with tears in my eyes too,
Your baby sister,
Sharon

No comments: