Friday, May 1, 2009

The last few days..

Before I get into the last few days ... I just want to take a moment and let you all know how much I appreciate my wife Carol. Carol, there is not much anyone can do for someone who has the stomach flu other than to check on that person from time to time. I mean there really isn't anything to do other than to wait till its finally over and through the persons system. You got me gatorade and crackers, you kept things quiet in the house and you even sent in Adger for the day to lay besides the bed with me. It is a comfort knowing that someone is there when you are really feeling that down and low. I don't think I felt as bad as that in a LONG time. Thanks babe! Love ya!

Tuesday night, I got a chance to hang out with my dad and my younger brother Craig. I got news yesterday that Craig got laid off from his job, so if you would keep him and his family in your prayers - I would really appreciate that. Craig has been worried sick the last few months if he was going to keep his job or not ... the company has been hanging on by a thread. He was one of the first hired and one of the last let go. Hate it for him and especially hate it for him that God is not part of his life or part of the solution. God will not be there for comfort him or guide him. He is on his own .... I think I would rather have my 90% and God 10% then 100% all me.
I had a great visit with my grandma up at the greenhouse. My aunts were there and a few of my cousins. It is a hard day of labor but a day I enjoy working. I am thankful I don't have to do that everday though - its some hard work! I love it when my Aunt Judy first sees me walking into the greenhouse and she yells "Randy - is today our day?" - I love that.
Anyways, I am a bit slow today - still regaining my strength and catching up on work, emails and this facebook thing. :)
I have began a new book - its by Robert Lewis - "Raising a Modern Day Knight" - Kyle and all your boy peeps out there... watch out! This book is for ya'll this time. I have really enjoyed my last 2 books on learning about Daughters and Leadership - so its time to throw in some SON stuff in there..... looking forward to it.
I will be thinking the next few days along with Carol about cutting out some things we can identify as not needed. They are a "Want" and not a "Need". We can use this extra money to help with our find raising at church http://weneed400k.com. Maybe we can even cut enough out to sponser a child in a third world country. I have had that on my heart now for a few weeks. It keeps coming back and so I am going to start looking into this. It would be awesome to sponser a child who has nothing, no water, food, education or the life saving word of God to know. With all our struggles - we have it made and as I look around me and see the hurt on many faces - I think about how tough my grandparents are... living through the great depression, not having much in life but being content with what they do have. Material things have never really mattered much for them. They are good long lived country folks and that I admire most about them. The simple things... the important things.
Peace,
Lonnie~

No comments: