Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday afternoon ...when did that happen?

Wow this day has flown by. I am especially excited today - I am taking some of our Rock Group kids to see the new movie -"Earth" tonight. The moms and gals will be heading out to "On the Border" for some good mexican food - kind of wish I had a doggie bag to take in the movie with me..... but thats ok - I can fill up on "MyKids". I know they are just as excited about it as I am.
A few weeks back during our Rock Group series on money - I give my peeps homework almost every week to read in the their Bibles to reinforce what we are learning together. I too do this homework and during this time of putting the handouts together and figuring out where the homework study leads - I had an Arbys moment. Not for a roast beef sandwhich but a moment that says - Proverbs - 31 of them - 31 days in May. Thus my challenge to read the book of Proverbs in the month of May. BUT - I am not that normal. Like many folks who set out to do something, fade out in the long run. Life is busy, 2 days missed and then we move onto something else right? - Well I prayed and asked God to give me a starting point. Not the beginning but a place I may not otherwise really get to read and understand fully if I am fading out. So thus my walk begins in Proverbs 20.
Some of the status things I am leaving on Facebook has come from Proverbs 20 and 21. So now you know where those are coming from.
Some of the things that stick out for me:
Proverbs 20:
1 Wine makes you mean, beer makes you quarrelsome— a staggering drunk is not much fun.
3 It's a mark of good character to avert quarrels, but fools love to pick fights.
5 Knowing what is right is like deep water in the heart; a wise person draws from the well within.
7 God-loyal people, living honest lives, make it much easier for their children.
11 Young people eventually reveal by their actions if their motives are on the up and up.
12 Ears that hear and eyes that see— we get our basic equipment from God! 13 Don't be too fond of sleep; you'll end up in the poorhouse. Wake up and get up; then there'll be food on the table.
18 Form your purpose by asking for counsel, then carry it out using all the help you can get.
19 Gossips can't keep secrets, so never confide in blabbermouths.
27 God is in charge of human life, watching and examining us inside and out.
28 Love and truth form a good leader; sound leadership is founded on loving integrity.

Just some food for thought this Tuesday .... more to follow.
Peace in Christ Jesus,
Lonnie~

No comments: