Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Thursday morning moment.....

Kyle and his buddy Grant have really enjoyed their "Nature" camp this week. I have enjoyed spending time with them, lunch with them and just being part of the class. I am good friends with the teacher who is running the class and she is tops in my books. Great teacher! This afternoon they are cleaning a creek here on campus and the kids are just pumped about that!

Anyways, this morning 2 things happened that I want to share this afternoon.
On our walk over to the dorm where we drop the kids off before camp, we met a man that was working on some big heavy equipment. Not exactly sure what he was doing but in my normal self - I said "Good Morning, how are you?" and he replied "Good Morning and I am blessed and hope you are too".
So in a few steps past this man, Kyle said to me - "Daddy, did you hear what that man said?" I told Kyle that many folks would have never given that little conversation any thought but we noticed the word - "Blessed" - it just stuck out big time. The man had such a smile when he spoke ... now that I am thinking about that - that smile even sticks out too.
This also leads me to my other story that happened this morning. On our way to work - I usually have a sermon playing via my Ipod - yea I know but hey thats who I am - but today I put on some music and thats ok because I am driving Kyle in. I put a song on that I have heard many times - its from Lee McDerment - He is the Worship Pastor at a cool church in Anderson SC - NewSpring. I have his album that I got through Itunes and there is a song on the album - "For Your Glory". Now I don't know if he wrote this song or if someone else did but I tell you - it spoke to me this morning. I am not much to have a favorite song but this sure is at the tops.
Here is part of it:

From every nation, every language, to every people and tribe,
you've rescued and ransomed and chosen a family,
making the dead come alive.
Rejoin our voices with millions of angels,
all gathered around your throne,
lifted in chorus like a roar of the ocean, singing together as one.
For Your Glory,
For Your Kingdom,
For Your Holy Name,
We are saved for you.

I can just imagine right now my mom - my father n law Walt and so many others - standing around in heaven with arms raised - seeing this awesome picture of just pure rejoicing and uplifting love..... praising Jesus and all singing together. Its a picture that presses me through the hard times - encourages me to reach others, to comfort those who are hurting, to do my part with being Gods hands and feet, to love those around me..... wow its powerful and yes - like the man said this morning - We are blessed - because of Jesus.
Its for His glory, His kingdom and for His Holy name.

Be encouraged today and take a moment to let Jesus shine on you,
Lonnie~

No comments: