Monday, July 28, 2008

Katie and 30,000 feet~

After Katies flight got canceled yesterday, I really wanted to see her off. I couldn't go yesterday because of all the activities at church and all. But this morning we were on the road headed to the airport at 7:30. We went right through all the lines, security fine, check in at the desk fine, StarBucks fine ... and then the 45 minute wait until boarding call. As I sat looking at her, I have to say we had such a great week. It was nice for Katie to change environments - to seize the moment as she often talks about - and to also spend a little quality time with her. Yesterdays canceled flight also opened the doors for Katie to hang out with the Davis family. They were at the house last night and they also "Seized" the opportunity to invest some time in Katie and our family -especially being short notice. 5 minutes is pretty short notice don't you think?
Being that Carol, Kyle and I were a little scared about having a teenager in the house for a week- I think God provided comfort for our fears and really encouraged us - we had such a great week. Katie, though upset yesterday at first with the canceled flight, smiled when she told me that it was ok because she got to spend another night with us and that she liked it here. I am especially happy and excited that she got to see church yesterday. It was a POWERFUL day and God was surely moving big time yesterday during both services but especially the 11:00 service. Lots of young folks there, 14 people being baptized, and the band was loud and rockin! Pastor Jimmy spoke about who we are in Christ and how we should not let anyone or anything define who we are. We are not that job, or that alcoholic, or man on the street corner - we are Gods chosen children and He defines who we are. With Christ we can move forward and leave the past behind.

I am looking forward to the next visit for Katie - or us going to PA to spend time with her. All in all - I miss her already - As the plane was pushed away from the gate - I sat for a good 10 minutes asking the Lord to protect her, to help her make good decisions, to be patient with her as the seed has been planted for Him - I prayed she took something away this week that will open her heart and mind to Jesus. Miranda - I especially want to thank you for your loving friendship and caring for Katie. May your friendship continue to blossom even with many miles seperating you. I love you for that (and for many other reasons :)! )
Lord, Katie is yours and I ask this morning that You water that seed so that Katie may come to know who you are and who she really is.
She is yours and I thank You Lord for Your love, mercy and grace and for giving us the time to invest in her at this time. May You keep her close to You Lord like a loving father does. Amen

We love you Katie, more than you know~there was nothing more special to Carol, Kyle and I seeing you laughing Saturday on the tube with Kyle. It was music to our hearts.....
hope to see you soon and know I am a phonecall or email away.
Gods continued blessings and continued prayers,
With Love.
Uncle Lonnie

No comments: