Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday thoughts....

Wow - it has been a while since my last post. Well heart felt post anyways. The last few days I have been in prayer and thought with some changes coming and also getting more and more excited about being with our church family Friday night (Carols ladies bible study party) Saturday night (my right hand man at church in serving - it was his birthday) and then serving this morning and actually being in church.
The last month or so - emotion was high and even with the few times in June we were at church- our focus was on our hearts as they were hurting... folks coming and talking to you - well it was hard to do. All I wanted to do was come into church - sit in the corner and just worship and praise the Lord in quiet stillness - just me and him - me, Carol and Kyle & Jesus. Time is passing and God is healing those hurts - His grace is enough and I am thankful for having our smile back.
Today is such a blessing because I got to teach Sunday school with Carol - some of "MyKids" that I haven't seen in weeks - some, I have not seen since school let out and it was great seeing them. 1 came running and jumped into my arms - telling me she loved me - another came and just hugged me and would not let go - she then asked if I was going to have lunch with her next year when school started. It really is such a great place to be....... even Friday night and Saturday getting to hang with some dear family in our church. These folks make life fun, they make life worth doing.... because we are a family - Gods family.
Tonight I am jazzed up because we have some new families coming to our Rock Group. One has left and that is ok - I love them anyways and they will be included in everything we do. I felt it coming as God has been speaking to me for the past few months preparing me for leading our Rock Group through this season. Man I miss them already but growth and understanding will continue if we all keep our eyes on Jesus.
I will tell you this - I am sad in part because church is also full of jazz with the youth headed to the beach next Sunday. I just can't do it - with all the time off from work - the vacation days low and all. I want to go but next year will be on the radar and look forward to experiencing life change with our youth at church. I am excited for them because I never got the chance to do something like this and in a way it would be my first time as well..... and something to remember - something to be part of a team of folks all going and leading - serving and making things possible. I do love the team work and love being part of the team. But next year ---- so look out Project 252 and our k-5 rising 6th graders! Mr Lonnie will be there - Lord willing.

Looking forward to getting back to everyday thoughts on "The Walk" - I needed the time to unplug and get things lined back up behind God.
Well - have to roll - Rock Group starts soon and need to pray before hand..... great having Kaylee here this afternoon with us. She is such a sweet child and I do love her and her family as well do.

Blessings,
Lonnie~

No comments: