Monday, July 21, 2008

Luke 12

In my quiet time this morning, I am in the book of Luke and this really spoke to me.....
Luke 12
32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

BE that example for others, don't just act it or say it and not mean it BUT actually do it. It was amazing to me yesterday how many kids I have a relationship with, how many look up to me and just how much I love them..... Luke 12:34 - For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. These kids, (MyKids) - their families are my treasure in life. I wish that I could invest in all of them... to really make a difference in them all.... yesterday at the end of Sunday school a mom came to me and thanked me for all I do for her daughter. Just as she was thanking me her daughter came over and gave me a hug and looked up and said - I love you - Nothing means more to me than being there like that for this child. For all of "MyKids" whom I feel connected and responsible for.
If you are a dad - if you are reading this and you are thinking about walking away from your family - from your wife and kids - your son - your daughter ... NOTHING is more important than your family and your children. Stick it out - MAKE it work. Ask the Lord to get involved and put Jesus first in those relationships. It will take work and understanding and even more patience than you think you are capable of and then one day .... Your daughter will thank you. Your son will thank you - because you stuck it out for them and showed them a good example in life. You didn't walk away ... You do love them and they were worth it.
That little girl yesterday - she has not seen her dad in 3 years. He recently moved far away and that chance of seeing him is probably now gone. I feel bad for him because he is missing out. His daughter is amazing - she will grow into a woman one day and have a part of her missing. So many kids today are missing that important piece.... either through divorce, death or a parent just giving up and walking away.
Funny how everyones treasure is different in life..... I am glad I know where mine is.
MyKids and their families are my treasure and they sure have my heart. We are Gods treasure and we have His heart......
Blessings today~
Lonnie

No comments: