Monday, September 10, 2007

weekend adventures.....

WOW - its been a busy 4 days. Many of you know - I am not a big fan of flying. Had to do it last Friday though - Flew from Charlotte to Newark NJ - the plane was 1/2 hour late because of heat in the ariplane. The Captain told us it was 140 in the plane and that is why we boarded late - it was still like 90 in there so I am glad Carol was not with me. Plane was full and it was an uneventful flight. Carols brother Bob was waiting on me and we drove back to his house in Milford PA. Had a good night with Bob, Denise and Kaitey. She is growing all up - its been years since I seen her. Saturday morning we left for Tupper Lake NY after dropping Kaitey off at her friends house. Me, Bob, Denise and Namath (There Huskey) - we got in around 1:00 and started getting Walts house in order. Bob and I worked the rest of the afternoon - packed Walts car and got everything else wrapped up. We then had supper waiting for us at Violets that she and Denise made for us. It was great spending time with them and its always awesome to share time with Violet. She is such a loving woman - a woman who loves everything and everyone. God has blessed her in so many ways and its beautiful that she knows that. She gave me a pin to put in the car for my ride home - an angel. She told explained to everyone that we all have angels who look out for us and protect us and guide us in life. So her angel did keep me safe because after 1300+ miles.... I am home. Got to spend some time yesterday with our dear friends Lynn, Dennis and Sophia. Sophia is cheering for the football team - she is in 5th grade and is so pretty. She has awesome parents and it was great to spend some time with them yesterday even if it was for a short time. Lots of Eagles fans there in that part of NJ - I didnt think that would be since its NJ and Giants and Jets play - but I dont like any of them so...... what do I know.
Well got on the road at 4:30 - pulled in to the garage at 2:30. Then proceeded to lock myself out of the house with nothing but my bathing suit on. 2 hours later our neighbors came down to let me in who had our spare key. Tough stuff after all that driving..... hungry tired and HOT!
Anyways - the honda s2000 is a great car. Handles like a dream. Push the gas pedal the car moves..... fun to drive with the top down except when its 96 out because the sun is HOT ~ but the problem is long drives - whew - I felt every bump.... everything the road handled me - I got it.... I am sore already! Anyways.... it was fun finally driving my dream car!

We had our leadership meeting tonight for church at 6:30. Almost didnt go because I am exhausted...... but went anyways and glad I did. The Lord infused some good plans ahead for our church - how can I not be excited about things?? SO I am pumped now....and need to try to wind down for a good nights sleep. Work tomorrow...... Praying for Carol and Kyle who are away at camp for School.... Carol called and she has 6 crazy 9 year old boys in her cabin..... Lord help her.... keep them both in your prayers.

Gods Best tomorrow....
Lonnie

No comments: