Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dale #3

What a day it has been. Started off with a wait on the bus - a traffic drive in - getting to the office late and then the call from Carol that she has a flat. I head back home and let her take the E to the hospital. I change the tire with the spare and almost make it out of our development - another flat. 2 Flats? Who has done that in their lifetime? Off through the neighbors asking for help..... finally I get one - THANK YOU in case you are reading this Diane!! Off to BJ's to get 4 new tires..... $550 later - also letting me know I need brakes ...and a battery. Dang - still better than a truck payment. But you know what the fella in BJ's said to me after telling my morning story to the staff there...Why are you still smiling? I said, Sir, why not? I am blessed beyond anything I could ever imagine....and I am thankful for getting here to get these tires.... smiling is optional - I choose to smile - my tires at this point are not optional. Wow - did the turn of conversation change in the room..... :)
Got to spend supper tonight with our friend Donna, Taylor and Morgan. Carol is not feeling well and stayed home but I think a good nights sleep will do her good and that is where she is already! Happy birthday Taylor!!!! 12 years old today..... I am proud of her - she is a good kid. You are doing a great job Donna! Shared lots of laughs tonight with the kids - too funny.

Anyways - as I finish up packing - I am watching the show on Dale Sr..... wow what a man he was. Full of life - full of everything - had it all..... died doing what he loved. The sport is still hurting and looking for its new leader. Jr - as awesome as he is had to leave his dads company. Family in tourmoil - So sad looking at the pictures - the video footage. Just when you got life right where its good - its over. Even still, God has a purpose. Just like the best years ahead for my mom - God had a purpose. Many times its for the purpose of others. We can only pray we get the message and understand what God is wanting us to know and learn during these times.
Pray for safe travels for me tomorrow and the next 4 days. Pray that Carol and Kyle have safe travels next week during their EarthShine trip with school and the entire 4th grade class. I will miss my kids - was really hoping to go..... but I have to do what I have to do.
I will try and get to a computer somewhere...... and let you know what I am up to. Tupper Lake NY - will get to know Rocky River Community Church...... and see the changed person/family all because of Jesus.

Love you all~
Randy

cya when I get back..... have a great church Sunday gang! :)
Mom is hanging with Dale Sr.... probably now. She loved that man..... like so many others. Miss you both.....there will never be another.

No comments: