Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A little focus please.......

Man, I am just feeling the struggles of so many today. I feel my shoulders are heavy and my mind is easily running off in all kinds of directions. I know I am overstretched - my family is over stretched right now but what can we do? Saying "No" is sometimes hard but saying "No" to the right things that we need to say NO to is sometimes even harder. Some thoughts from a recent church conference:

We need to pay attention.

"Get up," and "don't be afraid."

"We need to think of others before we think of ourselves"

When you take steps to honor God, people will criticize you. "When you begin to do what God wants you to do, you're going to piss some people off."

We need to focus on what matters.

People's problems are not their behavior--people's problems are that they don't know Jesus.

I have such a burning desire for folks to know Jesus. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that God would be using me like He is right now. But even still, there is so much more to learn and so much more to experience. Yes each day is a challenge - its hard to not feel the struggles and pain of those around me - Its hard not to let their problems become my own. I struggle with that and that is why I am so eager and so ready to go to church on Sundays - to be with my church family - meet with my Rock Group on Sunday nights. I know these are the places where i need to be when I am not in the trenches with others. I don't mind any of those trenches because we will be in there together. I am not leaving my assignements and my promises ..... They are too important!!!
We are having a ministry fair soon at church - to attract folks to serve - for them to experience that life change that Jesus has for them and serving is such a big part of that. I should be a spokesperson for serving and for Small Groups......
God is doing such amazing things all around me.... even with the struggles that we are all facing today ~ there is something in each of them that will glorify our Lord. Sometimes we need to just open our eyes a little bigger to see them. Do you think God speaks to us through our struggles? Do you think that you are where you are today because God has something to teach you and your struggles may be the only way He can get your attention?
It is time, loved ones, to stand up and open your eyes and your heart - there is no place to hide from God. He is only a heart call away......
I don't want to be a Sunday Christian - I don't want to be labeled as someone religious... I want to share my love and faith in Jesus and live my life as an example to others about how He has changed my life. I know I don't always do that, I too put my foot in my mouth at times and don't always live my life according to what I should be doing..... but I recognize that and I have to say - its not about the destination ...

Its about the JOURNEY.

Peace,
Randy~

No comments: