Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I can't help but to think today about the pace. Pacing myself for the long haul instead of the sprint in life. All the tv commercials have something to sell you that you just can't live without. Always something to run and get - improve your image or body - people running everywhere all the time. We are the most rushed generation ever. We have no time for things. We work 90 hour weeks and we take 5 days off during the summer and we are supposed to come back from vacation rested and relaxed. Who are we fooling? With all the technology in the world and things being made to simplify our lives - we sure are not slowing down any. It takes 2 leading a family these days - both working and teaming together to keep our households running. There is not enough time in the day and you know you are give out in your schedule when you go to the dentist and fall asleep in the chair waiting for your root canal. Does this sound like you? Do you just fall in bed and pass out because you are exhausted. Never have I seen so many folks just totally give out.
The last few weeks have been amazingly busy. With my father-n-law in the hospital in VT - my wife Carol away for a little over 2 weeks - being a single parent is for the birds I tell you!!! I have such compassion for my dear friends who are single parents..... You all amaze me!
Carol and I are now making plans for her dad to transition to our home. I am leaving Friday for NY until Monday to go to Tupper Lake NY to close down Walts house and drive his car back. I am looking forward to hanging out some with Carols brother Bob - seeing Aunt Violet and being in Tupper Lake. I am looking forward to the road trip - stopping near Princeton NJ to see my friends Lynn, Dennis and Miss Sophia. Church meeting at 6:30 on Monday night which I will make on time somehow. Carol is taking Kyle to camp next week for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I wish I could go somehow and let Carol stay but she seems excited about it now.
We have only been to the cabin 3 times this summer - with only a few days off. Schedules are packed right now ... we all need down time and unpack the schedules some. I want to minister to folks around me. I want to pass the blessings along that God is blessing me with. I want to continue to do Gods will over my own - especially my schedule. Sometimes that means saying NO to the things I feel important. I want to spend time with my new kids at Kyles school. I miss my kids from last year but I know the new kids will enrich my life just as much if I can give them a chance and get to know them and spend some time with them.
Life is so short - and poof - its gone. Its time to live moment by moment and to realize that each moment is a gift. It is a blessing from the Lord above.
So folks stop and smell the roses - see what is around you - the people around you. What are you not doing? What are you doing too much of? Is your treasures today all in the wrong places? The things that matter most to you are they out of line?
A few things I will miss the next few days. My wife and son - my dogs - my church family - my small group - my contact with everyone via this blog and email - seeing changed lives on Sunday and serving my Lord Jesus.
A change of Attitude with Lattitude........ Focus on the long haul and not the short sprint.
Love you all,
Randy~

No comments: