Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Kids......




While I was growing up as a child - I knew a lot of kids but I did not have many friends. Growing up in the north and having a southern heritage - left me talking funny no matter where I went. Kids are ruthless and mean and gang up on you no matter what..... they just keep coming when they have someone singled out. Many times my so called friends would walk away when I was getting picked on - back out of a fight when it was time to get dirty. All that changed when I entered middle school - Wrestling was my after school thing and then on to Judo. I remember a lot of tough times in middle school - many fights - I never got caught because those fights never lasted long. Once I seemed to earn the respect of the folks picking on me - I was accepted and left alone. Many kids today face these challenges and finding their way to fit into the right crowd or be singled out on the outside.
Kyle has such a big head start compared to me and I am delighted about that! He has such awesome friends....... an awesome Rock Group family and a church family that just loves him.
I have to say that spending time in the classroom and with my sons friends has been so awesome. Yesterday a few of (my kids) came by after school - the kids swam - laughed until their belly hurt - I took them for a walk to the horse farm near our house to feed the horses - they rode bikes - laughed some more - swam some more..... when it was time to go home.... they were already planning the next get together. Scheming is what Carol calls it......
Anyways - its just great taking part in these lives - helping mold and shape them and just loving on them...... Saturday we are all headed to the pumpkin patch together.... Its has been such a great investment in my life getting to really know these kids and their families.
Enjoy the picture - Smiles are abundant!
Madison - Kyle - Amanda

I just love ~my kids~
Randy~
Kyle - I really like that shirt.,.... "be a revolution"

No comments: