Thursday, September 13, 2007

Matthew 16
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. 25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?

How awesome is that? We all have to be reminded from time to time that this world will only get you so far. Life is full of pits, sorrows and struggles but when doing this life with Jesus - everyday takes on a new meaning and purpose.
I admit that my life is busy now. Working, raising a family, caring for my Father N Law, leading a ministry team at church - time is short these days and many times there is too much to do to even take a step back and relax. But - there is always a but - I know I am doing what the Lord has me doing right now and I am thankful, grateful and excited about doing the Lords work - also doing with a smile and cheer in my heart. Yes sometimes its hard, I struggle with decisions, struggle with my own shortcomings but I know God is with me and He will be with me during this time.
My life belongs to Jesus - I pray that when my time comes there will be no regrets, life would have been happy and fulfilling when I look back and that I lived each day to the fullest. I pray that people know me and know what I am about and that I love them and when I say that, it is not just words. I pray they know that I took the steps to engage life and seek opportunities to serve people and to serve Jesus. My own needs are second to the needs of those around me and that their hurts and pain are mine as well. My family, my church family and my rock group families - I am all theirs and I will serve them to the best that I can in whatever way they may need me. Give me an opportunity to show up unannounced at a football game with a pizza for supper! Give me an opportunity to hug one of my rock group kids and let them know - I love them and I am there if they ever need to talk. Give me an opportunity to come along side a struggling family and just let them know my ears are there for listening and my heart is theirs for caring.
Friends we are not made to dig an island around ourselves and not let anyone in. This world will only give you what you dont need. Live your life for Jesus and live a life with purpose and meaning.
Over the last few years I have met some happy and loving folks who dont have much and I have met a whole lot more folks who have lots but are unhappy and selfish. Give - loved ones - Even God understood what that meant when He GAVE us His son Jesus.
You need Jesus......

Randy~

No comments: