Monday, January 26, 2009

Wow - it has been NUTS the last few days. The Bateman clan had a good trip and stay at the "cabin" this past weekend. Other than the fact I had a problem with a health issue that I have been facing for some time now - it was a great weekend.

But yesterday was one of those exceptional days. Not that it was overly fun or exciting - really it was a tough, exhausting and long day but it was flippin awesome in many ways. God was all up in it yesterday. It seemed like every where I needed Him to be - He was right there in the middle of it. Right where He should be - not that He isn't all the time - its just that we either don't let Him or we are not looking for Him. Regardless - He is there. Thats what makes those blessings that much more special - because we know He is with us.

Yesterday's church service was just one of those services that God really spoke to me. Things I knew, I was reminded of - things I needed to know, I was shown - places and people I needed to see, God provided those paths.

Our new worship pastor at church - Darren - wow ...how did we land this guy and his wife? Our Pastor's message was right on the money...lots of folks volunteering and serving with new volunteers in the works and ministry outreach in the works and our K-5 program yesterday just rocked. It was a first to have our worship song being played and one of our kids with her arms raised and singing with her eyes closed was the most precious moment yet!!!
God was even right there in the middle of it when I stopped at the hospital to visit a family from our church. It was awesome talking about what God is doing through us, how He has proven over the years to be faithful and how the church is extending a helping hand to this family. Nothing better than to see lives being changed by the way others extend a helping hand, being kind and gracious and extending love that can only come from knowing Jesus. I got home after the visit and got to speak from the heart with 2 of our dear family friends. I got to explain what exactly a Rock Group is and what we do and WHY we do - small groups - Sunday school bible study - or however you want to label it ..... and what it means to be doing life together. There were some tears, the hard things bubbling to the surface and God is in those details. Last night Rock Group went long .... I mean way long - we didn't even notice because the lesson was awesome and the discussion time before and afterwards was awesome. The kids bonding and making friendships and spending time together - how cool is that?

After the last few months - I have come to a place where it really is time to hit the next gear. It is time to step up the game and not back down. God is showing me some awesome things.... I hope I am encouraging someone through this blog and helping some folks. I pray that as I share my thoughts and my heart that it is stirring you in some way for the purposes of Jesus. The Bible has nothing good to say about indecision's. Some of us need to make decisions in life. Get off the fence and in the game. Let God lead your life for the first time - for the 2nd time .... whatever. Just plug in ~ You are either with God and wanting to do His work or you are not - there is no luke warm here. You will never get much out of being a follower of Jesus if you leave Him on Sunday mornings.......and check back with him the next Sunday.
God has woken me up the last 2 nights ~ I got to share that with a dear friend of our yesterday because she and her family were one of the reasons. I am praying hard for them - have been for 2 years but now its even more. The other has to do with one of "MyKids" and I can't believe I have not seen it after all this time. Its perfectly clear to me why "Leaving" is such a struggle....... It was right before my eyes ......... I would have never put it together unless God spoke it to me.
As a follower of Jesus loved ones, we are called to Care, Serve and make Disciples.
As I look around and see the world flaming all kinds of people - their mistakes being held over them to remind them and torture them for as long as they can - God offers us forgiveness and understanding Mercy can only come from God. Without Him, I don't think we have a clue to understand what Mercy really is.
Plug in and get on with your Spiritual walk.... NO need to wait for tomorrow to be different - TODAY can be different and it can happen in the next moment.
How does one know they are lost when they don't know they ARE LOST?
Love you all,
Lonnie
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

No comments: