Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a morning.....

I got up early this morning to check on the snow. Yea its snowing and thats a miracle here in Charlotte. It takes a lot of things to line up correctly to get snow - I won't bore you with those details but if anyone would like to know - email me..... I love weather!
Anyways - even though it took me an hour to get to work - they make the announcement while I am on my way in and then find out its closed once I get here.... I was at first pretty mad - but lets put things into perspective.
I made it safely - I have a job to go to - Its warm at home and my family is well (probably playing in the snow with the 2 indoor Huskies) - and I have the opportunity to take a coworker home today. She takes the bus into work because she and her husband only have 1 car and she said she didn't want to risk her only vehicle thus putting them without transportation if something happened. So - I will take her home and I feel pretty good about that.
So even if what seemed like a waste of time - coming to work and having it closed - God will use me in helping someone..... God has the master plan and I am thankful for being His.
Philippians 2:14-15
"In everything you do, stay away from complaining or arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your lives shine brightly before them.

That was in my inbox this morning .... and it wasn't there when I left the house because I checked.
I pray that God is using you today ... and you are setting a good example for others to follow. You are different than everyone else.... most people do their best to blend in or if they want to be different, like so many of our teens, they do so in not such good ways. Let God have your heart ... people will know you are different!

Safe travels today loved ones..... I am out of here!
Lonnie~

No comments: