Monday, January 19, 2009

Ok - Well we are back in town. What a great couple of days at the cabin. What can I say about the peacefulness and the quietness of being in a place that is just a little piece of Heaven for us. I know the kids had a blast ~ Kyle is already going through Morgan withdrawal and its only been 2 hours since dropping them back at home. Hey I am too - I love the kids.

One of my most favorite moments come when we all get our winter gear on after supper and take the dogs for a walk. Last night - the stars where out and man can you see the heavens. It is just awesome looking up - The reminder of how small we really are and how BIG God really is. I often talk to my mom while I am there - thankful for her heavenly home - thankful that Walt is there and one day - we will again all be together. Carol and I walked extra long on both days and we fully enjoyed being outside in the clean mountain air and then coming back to a warm cabin. It is simple but it is so perfect in SO many ways.

We have snow coming in tonight. Charlotte will shut down if we get 4 inches - I love the drama the south has with snow. It is awesome just watching the news and watching the craziness. It doesn't happen often enough here and it really is a small miracle to even get snow. A lot of things need to happen for it to snow here. Hoping that school does not mess us up for going to the Cabin on Thursday evening - I have off on Friday and hoping to take one of "MyKids" with us. I look forward to that time invested ... I know she is very excited about it.

Well - looking forward to church on Sunday - Please keep my cousin Scott in your prayers - He will be having surgery on Wed morning to help with his BAD sleep apnea. He can't even lay down in bed without his air being cut off. I will keep everyone posted....... thanks!

Walt - today is your birthday ~ You are so missed here..... especially by Kyle. We all miss your company and our talks - I bet that heavenly birthday cake won't be messing with your sugar anymore ..... Happy Birthday W.

Love you all - be safe~
Lonnie

No comments: