Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am reminded today of the things I am so thankful for in this life. I find myself too often heavy hearted for the people around me. Wanting to make a difference, to help carry the load, to be there to have a shoulder to cry on, to be there for that child who needs someone - I am heavy at times. The weight is unreal but it is so worth it. I wouldn't trade it in for anything because God is in those details.

One of the things that reduces that heaviness is praising God for what He is doing in my life. His direction, the answering of prayers, the building of my trust in Him, and the people who He has put into my life.

My cousin Scott is doing well this afternoon. After making it through surgery this morning - he is in his room and even though he is in pain and will have a couple tough days ... I am thankful for God watching over him. I pray this procedure makes a big change in his life and in his health. Scott has had a tough time in his life concerning his health. He has suffered through so many things and his health keeps him from doing so many other things. Like many of us, when we are down and out, struggling to make sense of things, falling on hard times, struggling what seems to be ALL the time - we often pull away from God. Over time, maybe we even drop off with God. "How can God love me if all I am doing is struggling? - things don't seem to get better. Nothing changes .... I have asked and prayed before and here I am still."

God is working in those details loved ones, He is working behind the scenes. One of the things that really -works for me - is listening to music to keep my eyes and heart on Him and not so much of myself. Praising God even while in the storms of this life. We also have to be fervent in our prayers. Pray them - expect God to move on your behalf. He wants to hear from you and what is on your heart. When you draw closer to Him - He will draw closer to you. I try and update the songs on my Ipod every few weeks so that I have something new and fresh thus keeping my praise new and fresh all the while learning the ways of God through sermons and in my quiet time. Don't be afraid to ask God for big things! He is a BIG God!
Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened”.

Lord above all else that I am thankful for in life, I am thankful for Your son Jesus. He on my behalf comes to You in prayer for me. Lord hear my prayers for those around me who I am carrying the weight in this life with. Their struggles are my struggles and I pray that they too are placing these heavy things in Your hands. We all need help in this life and feel the loving care of others. We are a community of believers Lord. Belief is the basis of following You. Your son came and healed the sick - He did not ask - How sick or how long the person had the disease - He simply asked if they have faith and Believed that He could heal them - if their belief in Him was true - they were healed. I am asking today Lord that our belief in You rises to new grounds. Our trust overflows to those around us to the point it puts action in our faith. Help us walk with those hurting around us Lord. May you receive all the glory and honor in following Your instructions. God this life comes with hard things and struggles - its during these times our faith and belief in You is tested. They are there for a reason - May we grow because of them and be thankful for them. You are waiting on us on the other side of them ... hopefully receiving all the glory and honor for Your kingdom. Grow us Lord through the things in this life. Thank You for Your love and for Your son Jesus. It is in His name I pray today~
Amen

No comments: