Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One moment to another........

I have been really heavy the last few days. There are nights of little sleep, tossing and turning, a loving wife suffering with tooth problems, "MyKids" having struggles, dear friends who are hungry and those who are losing their incomes... there is a LOT of suffering taking place right now. Thats only in my little spot on Gods Radar amongst everything in the universe that is taking place right now in His hands.
My faith and trust is in Him and at times it is hard to do give things to our Heavenly Father - we are so busy with things, worried and heavy with others things - it takes a clear vision with eyes directly on Him to keep things in perspective. There is a story in the bible that my Aunt Sharon always tells me when things are just out of control in her life.... As Jesus approached the boat, the disciples saw that he was walking on the water and they thought he was a ghost. I think Peter jumped into the water and was going towards Jesus. Only then did he realize that he was walking on the water, he then began to sink and Jesus reached for him and pulled him up. He didn't keep his eyes on Jesus. I know I did not tell it as good as you Aunt Sharon - you have such power and trust in your voice and heart when you share that! It reminds me to keep my eyes on Him while going through the storms in this life. As people attack, judge you for what you are doing and watching every move you make. I must keep pressing forward, not giving in and not giving up because Jesus has called me to do what I am doing. Being afraid is not an option......
Psalm 56 has my back today~ One moment looking at myself and the next - eyes back on Jesus. Many of you are struggling today, health, job, money, kids, relationships - whatever.... let me share Psalm 56 today~
Love you all,
Lonnie
1 O God, have mercy on me, for people are hounding me. My foes attack me all day long. 2 I am constantly hounded by those who slander me, and many are boldly attacking me. 3 But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 4 I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
5 They are always twisting what I say; they spend their days plotting to harm me. 6 They come together to spy on me— watching my every step, eager to kill me. 7 Don’t let them get away with their wickedness; in your anger, O God, bring them down.
8 You keep track of all my sorrows.[
a] You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.
9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side! 10 I praise God for what he has promised; Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised. 11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
12 I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. 13 For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light.

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I've had to remember that story myself this last week. If I don't keep my eyes on HIM I know I will sink during these trials and troubles.

There is a scripture I quoted to your momma over and over as she was sick with cancer, and I still have to quote it to myself, it is never far from my heart. Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

I love you dear one,
Aunt Sharon