Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday~

Wow - this week has flown by. I think 2 times this week I have fallen into bed ... I know catching up on sleep never happens but getting a few extra ZZZ's sure does a body good sometimes.
We have some cold weather moving in the Charlotte NC area. Looking forward to it in a way. It does make for some good news and weather forecasts as everyone goes into panic mode here in the south. Add a little snow to the mix and it really gets crazy! Carol, Kyle and I are headed to the cabin this coming weekend along with a few of "MyKids". I am really looking forward to it - bunkering down in the cold, fire on in the wood stove and just spending some quality time together. Sunday morning we are planning to head down to NewSpring church and that always pumps me up with what Pastor Noble and his peeps are doing down there. Should be a great day! I am sad we will be missing our new worship pastor's first day at church on Sunday but I am sure he and his wife will be welcomed in style and I will be praying he rocks the roof off the school.
One of the things I have been thinking about lately is the life of Paul. He had a good handful of his peeps that he got to teach and really live Gods word. A man from one extreme to the next and God used him like no other man to spread the Gospel. I think we all need an encourager, a person that you know has their back, a buddy who you could call on at any time of the day or night and know they would come running, in our lives. A person who looks out for you more than they look out for themselves. A person who prays for you daily and accepts you regardless if you mess things up or not.
Everyone needs a Paul in their life. I have been thinking, "Who is my Paul?" I think I have a few Paul's.... and I don't think they even know it. I will be praying to strengthen those Paul's in my life. There is much to learn from them - to grow out of for me. To catch the vision they are casting and expand on my limited understanding of things.

"Who is Your Paul?"

God makes a promise, faith believes it, hope anticipates it, patience quietly awaits it.
Author unknown

No comments: